• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Zip48

Cineplayer System Crash

Question

I am having major issues with CinePlayer. When accessing the program from The Roxio Creator 2009 applications I get the dreaded blue screen and have to shut down the pc manually. I have performed a clean install of Roxio Creator 2009 per the online instructions, on 2 different occasioons, and followed the directions to the letter.

Also, When attempting to start Roxio Creator from the desktop icon I get an error that the program will not start. All of the applications with the exception of CinePlayer can only be accessed from the Applications drop down and seem to be running normally. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dell Optiplex 330 3.0ghz cpu

4 gig ram

Windows XP Pro w/SP3

wired Mouse and Keyboard

Did you update with the Creator 2009 SP3 update from January?

If not run somethng that will run and click on Help - Check for Updates.

Did you update with the Creator 2009 SP3 update from January?

If not run somethng that will run and click on Help - Check for Updates.

I just ran the update and now when I attempt to start Creator 2009 from the desktop I get the blue screen and have to manually shut down. All applications but CinePlayer still run from the application drop down in startup. I still get the blue screen when attempting to run CinePlayer

I would do the Clean Install - XP

The trick to Clean Install is to print it out so it is by your side and follow it step by step using the More or Less method. (Don't do More than it says and don't do Less!)

After that, apply the SP3 before attempting to run the progarms.

I would do the Clean Install - XP

The trick to Clean Install is to print it out so it is by your side and follow it step by step using the More or Less method. (Don't do More than it says and don't do Less!)

After that, apply the SP3 before attempting to run the progarms.

As I said in my original post, I followed the instructions to the letter. I did print out the instructions and followed them as stated.

As I said in my original post, I followed the instructions to the letter. I did print out the instructions and followed them as stated.

and it didn't work, so we do it again...

and it didn't work, so we do it again...

It seems as though the Third time is not a charm! Again I have uninstalled and reinstalled Creator 2009 and ran the updated SP3 as prescribed by the online instructions. I stlll get the blue screen and the system lock up.

I cannot get tech support to reply to my latest submissions. It appears that I may have wasted $100 on a program that will not function properly and has very little support. Nero 9 is looking better all the time!

It seems as though the Third time is not a charm! Again I have uninstalled and reinstalled Creator 2009 and ran the updated SP3 as prescribed by the online instructions. I stlll get the blue screen and the system lock up.

I cannot get tech support to reply to my latest submissions. It appears that I may have wasted $100 on a program that will not function properly and has very little support. Nero 9 is looking better all the time!

Drat!

You didn't buy the entire Suite just to have a Player???

Why don't you give Roxio a call? Like everyone else, times are hard, cutbacks are deep, and techs are overloaded...

Drat!

You didn't buy the entire Suite just to have a Player???

Why don't you give Roxio a call? Like everyone else, times are hard, cutbacks are deep, and techs are overloaded...

No, I bought the entire suite for all of the features it included. I was just stating that this is the one application that seems to be causing all the issues with the Blue Screen and system lock up. As far as calling Tech support, It is 1.89 per minute for phone support. I have already spent just under $100 for the program I shouldn't have to pay additional to get this issue resolved. Especially when it has never worked to begin with.

Actually they only charge for certain things and never before you agree to it!

Sorry but a $100 Suite does not buy you the, we will fall all over you support :lol:

If it is limited to CinePlayer, that might indicate you had a previous version on there???

Maybe someone else might have a fresh idea on this???

Actually they only charge for certain things and never before you agree to it!

Sorry but a $100 Suite does not buy you the, we will fall all over you support :lol:

If it is limited to CinePlayer, that might indicate you had a previous version on there???

Maybe someone else might have a fresh idea on this???

Jim:

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Sorry if I appear to be quite irate. The only thing I had on my system was the basic roxio that came with my Dell when I purchased it a year ago. I removed it through control panel add and romove programs. I went in and did a clean install. I removed all folders associated with Roxio and Sonic, both visible and hidden folders. I disabled my Norton, I disabled all items in Startup in MSconfig. I removed all software associated with Roxio and Sonic from the the registry. I will try and get through to tech support via telephone when I get home.

This appears to be a nice software suite, I hope we can get to the bottom of this. Again Thanks.

Jim:

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Sorry if I appear to be quite irate. The only thing I had on my system was the basic roxio that came with my Dell when I purchased it a year ago. I removed it through control panel add and romove programs. I went in and did a clean install. I removed all folders associated with Roxio and Sonic, both visible and hidden folders. I disabled my Norton, I disabled all items in Startup in MSconfig. I removed all software associated with Roxio and Sonic from the the registry. I will try and get through to tech support via telephone when I get home.

This appears to be a nice software suite, I hope we can get to the bottom of this. Again Thanks.

It would be even nicer, if Roxio had not taken the "Repair" feature out of the program. On past versions, you could go into Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to the main Roxio software program, click Change, then clck on Repair. Sometimes it would fix the faulty portion of the suite.

Unfortunately, the clean install is the only option, now. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

He has done the Clean Install 3 times now…

Irate is justified by now :lol:

I agree. I would be irate too. I was lamenting about what has been stripped out of the program.

Along with the lack of the Repair feature, another stripped out item is not being able to select what you don't want, or want installed. :(

I agree. I would be irate too. I was lamenting about what has been stripped out of the program.

Along with the lack of the Repair feature, another stripped out item is not being able to select what you don't want, or want installed. :(

Another addition to the saga:

I again received feedback from Roxio. Now I need to again do a clean install; number 5 to be exact. This time I have been advised to copy the entire dvd to my hard drive and do an install from the hard drive. What is next? The frustrating thing about this situation is that there is someone sitting at a pc in tech support that has a list of canned solutions to try. Correction, 1 canned solution to try. Clean install.

I don't expect, as Jim put it, "fall all over you support", all I expect is the support to at least get the program up and running!!!!!

It would be even nicer, if Roxio had not taken the "Repair" feature out of the program. On past versions, you could go into Add/Remove Programs, scroll down to the main Roxio software program, click Change, then clck on Repair. Sometimes it would fix the faulty portion of the suite.

Unfortunately, the clean install is the only option, now. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Just to let everyone know just how much knowlege tech support has, This is, by the way, Creator 2009. My last response from them was to use the repair feature in the "Add/Remove Programs. Don't you think they would at least know that this feature is no longer available?

But you remain unwilling to call and talk to tech support??? I did suggest this 2 days ago.

I do agree that an install should not be this difficult but I have put it on 4 different PCs for testing and have yet to run into a problem with any install…

Is there a problem with your WMP also?

There is a repair on the install disk or download. goto the CINEPLAYER_5X folder. There is an installer/repair program. However, it didnt repair mine. I actually ended up removing cineplayer. If you want it back, you need to uninstall and reinstall the entire suite.

Cineplayer is the same as WMP, except you cant add non supported codecs. I suggest you try to repair it, remove it, or return the product if you really need another media player that bad.

What is the actual name and location of this magic program because that Folder nor any repair program exists on my PCs???

But you remain unwilling to call and talk to tech support??? I did suggest this 2 days ago.

I do agree that an install should not be this difficult but I have put it on 4 different PCs for testing and have yet to run into a problem with any install…

Jim:

I did call tech support and guess what? They told me I needed to do a clean install along with manually installing net framework 3.5. I did all of this.(I am now up to 7 clean installs not counting the original install.)

The clean install # 7 worked just like the previous 6!!!! Blue Screen, PC lock up. At this point I am wondering if I have a bad DVD. By the way the last 3 attempts have been from a hard drive install as suggested by Tech Support.

Also, as I have stated before, before installing sp3, when attempting to start the program from the desktop icon I get the error message that states the program has shut down do you want to send the error report to Microsoft.

Only after installing SP3 do I get the System lock up and blue screen. But either way the program will not work.

Edited by Zip48

Jim:

I did call tech support and guess what? They told me I needed to do a clean install along with manually installing net framework 3.5. I did all of this.(I am now up to 7 clean installs not counting the original install.)

The clean install # 7 worked just like the previous 6!!!! Blue Screen, PC lock up. At this point I am wondering if I have a bad DVD. By the way the last 3 attempts have been from a hard drive install as suggested by Tech Support.

Also, as I have stated before, before installing sp3, when attempting to start the program from the desktop icon I get the error message that states the program has shut down do you want to send the error report to Microsoft.

Only after installing SP3 do I get the System lock up and blue screen. But either way the program will not work.

Zip: Thread got a little sidetracked, sorry for that.

Now you need to call back tech support and continue this! If you don't, the tech is going to assume that his suggestion fixed it and he will confidently apply the same solution to each and every person who has this problem.

Zip: Thread got a little sidetracked, sorry for that.

Now you need to call back tech support and continue this! If you don't, the tech is going to assume that his suggestion fixed it and he will confidently apply the same solution to each and every person who has this problem.

Jim:

Thanks for the help. I will indeed call back tech support.

Jim:

Thanks for the help. I will indeed call back tech support.

Tell them I sent you!

That ought to carry the full weight of lint :lol:

Tell them I sent you!

That ought to carry the full weight of lint :lol:

Jim:

I called tech support and they were stumped. They are getting the "big guns" involved. They asked me for my msinfo32 file to see if they can determine what is causing these issues. Hopefully in the next few days a resoultion can be found. Again thanks for all your help.

Jim:

I called tech support and they were stumped. They are getting the "big guns" involved. They asked me for my msinfo32 file to see if they can determine what is causing these issues. Hopefully in the next few days a resoultion can be found. Again thanks for all your help.

Level 2 tech support informed me that I had an issue with Windows Defender and suggested that I disable it before doing yet another CLEAN INSTALL. Since the previous 7 clean installs I performed did have Windows Defender disabled I went one better. I totally uninstalled Windows Defender. I proceeded with # 8 clean install and Guess What? Yes, it didn't work. Just like all of the other attempts The Blue Screen and the System lock up.

I purchased this program from a local Staples Office Supply 2 weeks ago and have been back and forth via emails and phone calls to tech support and still have not been able to get this resolved. Do you think that I may possibly have a bad DVD?

Possible but not all that likely…

If it were mine, I would grab a spare HD and install Windows, drivers then Roxio.

But since you have caught Tech Supports ear, why not call them back and inform them of your last result???

If you don't they will assume it worked and you are another happy camper :P

Possible but not all that likely…

If it were mine, I would grab a spare HD and install Windows, drivers then Roxio.

But since you have caught Tech Supports ear, why not call them back and inform them of your last result???

If you don't they will assume it worked and you are another happy camper :P

Jim:

I once again made the call and the Tech Support person said take the program back to where you bought it and ask for an exchange. He said it appeared to be a bad DVD. "Great," another clean install. We shall see. Again thanks for the help.

Edited by Zip48

Jim:

I once again made the call and the Tech Support person said take the program back to where you bought it and ask for an exchange. He said it appeared to be a bad DVD. "Great," another clean install. We shall see. Again thanks for the help.

I hope that resolves the problem! Please let us know.