Adust Duration won't work in videowave

ruderman8

Question

I captured a video in mpg format from my camcorder several months ago. "adjust duration" in videowave worked fine with this file in Roxio easy Media 7.0 In Roxio Easy media 8.0, "adjust duration" in video wave will not work with this file. Videowave will import and play the file, but when I try to open "adjust duration to trim it, there is only the large black screen in the center where the video should be playing. Any advise?

3 answers to this question

EMC8 requires DirectX 9.0c and updated video drivers. Most display problems can be solved by updating both.
Thanks. I do have directx 9.0. My Toshiba satellite m45-s331 is supposedly "up-to-date". Might the "adjust duration" have something to do with the type of file (ie mpg) that EMC8n is trying to read?

Mark

Skokie, IL

Laptop? Most laptop video chipsets do not fully support DirectX that Videowave needs. Load Videowave. Under TOOLS/OPTIONS, try the graphics test. If it defaults to software, then your video chipset does not support the commands needed to do the 3D transitions/effects and they will not be available.

Check the Toshiba website and make sure you have the latest video drivers.

Archived