Audio Doesnt Match Video On Vhs To Dvd Capture

sanmo3822

Question

I am new to this software and was trying to copy a VHS tape to DVD.

Problem 1) My VCR has two plugs only, yellow and white so I only connected those two to the USB device.

The video was visible and I could hear the sound when I started to record, then I muted it.

Problem 2) After using SYNC, I previewed my video which seems slightly choppy but the main issue is the audio seems to have a few second delay vs the video portion.

I am using a Gateway M-2625U running Windows Vista HOME PREMIUM SP1

ADM Turion X-2 dual coreProcessor 2.10 GHZ

4.00 RAM

64-bit operationg system

Conexant Hi-def smart audio 221 sound card

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I am new to this software and was trying to copy a VHS tape to DVD.

Problem 1) My VCR has two plugs only, yellow and white so I only connected those two to the USB device.

The video was visible and I could hear the sound when I started to record, then I muted it.

Problem 2) After using SYNC, I previewed my video which seems slightly choppy but the main issue is the audio seems to have a few second delay vs the video portion.

I am using a Gateway M-2625U running Windows Vista HOME PREMIUM SP1

ADM Turion X-2 dual coreProcessor 2.10 GHZ

4.00 RAM

64-bit operationg system

Conexant Hi-def smart audio 221 sound card

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Problem 1 --- I don't understand. Did you mean what I bolded and if so, what is the problem?

Problem 2 --- What are you using SYNC for?

Audio/Video sync problems have been around for a long time. Make sure you are capturing to a clean and defragged hard drive with plenty of free space. Have NOTHING else running such as games, e-mail, anti-malware, anti-virus etc. It is even better if you disconnect from the internet when doing any video work.

Now is the sync problem a constant delay or does it start in sync and slowly go off? If the later, capture in shorter segments like 10 to 20 minutes at a time. If it is a constant, you can extract the audio from the video file, add the video file to Video Wave, mute the native audio and add the extracted audio to any other audio track. You can usually line it up pretty well. Note a color panel before the video may help you line up the audio.

BTW, you have an audio chip; not a sound card. Conexant does not make sound cards the last time I looked.