Adding a "Play" button and editing Chapter menus

cloudsurfer

Question

I have DVD Builder ver 7.0.397.0 and am trying to have a first menu page that has a play button that will play the entire movie and a scene selection button that will take me to a menu of "chapter titles". I can create both of these but each links to a separate version of the video and so doubles up the one hour video and exceeds the time limit of a DVD. I cannot find a way to change the link.

Once created, how do I get to the chapter menus to edit them?

Also, when I try to change the thumbnail for a menu button my only option is either to animate it as a video selection from the begining of the video it is linked to or as a frame of the same video. I cannot see a way to use a still picture.

Thanks for your help.

Ian.

2 answers to this question

I have DVD Builder ver 7.0.397.0 and am trying to have a first menu page that has a play button that will play the entire movie and a scene selection button that will take me to a menu of "chapter titles". I can create both of these but each links to a separate version of the video and so doubles up the one hour video and exceeds the time limit of a DVD. I cannot find a way to change the link.

Once created, how do I get to the chapter menus to edit them?

Also, when I try to change the thumbnail for a menu button my only option is either to animate it as a video selection from the begining of the video it is linked to or as a frame of the same video. I cannot see a way to use a still picture.

Thanks for your help.

Ian.

What do you mean when you say edit the chapter menus? Do you have the Retail (boxed) version of the software, downloaded version, or did the software come with your computer or DVD burner. No point trying to answer your questions until we detrmine what software you have, because the answer will vary quite a bit on what you can and can't do.

What do you mean when you say edit the chapter menus? Do you have the Retail (boxed) version of the software, downloaded version, or did the software come with your computer or DVD burner. No point trying to answer your questions until we detrmine what software you have, because the answer will vary quite a bit on what you can and can't do.

I have the retail, boxed version with CD which was supplied from Australia (I live in Samoa in the S. Pacific). What I mean by "edit the chapter menus" is that I have created two chapter menus (there were more chapters than would fit on one menu) by marking the chapters. I can see them when I preview the DVD but I cannot see how I can return to them now to make any changes. This however is a minor problem and I am happy to leave them if you only get one chance at them when you create them.

My main concern is the ability to have a "Play" button that will play the entire video and a Chapter or Scene Selection button that will when pressed take the user to the chapter menus without having to put two separate copies of the video on the DVD when there isn't room to do that.

It would also be nice to be able to put any picture on a menu button but that again is not my biggest need.

What I fear is that DVD Builder is a very limited programme that will not allow me to do these things. This would be a shame. I have seen posts elsewhere saying that DVD Builder is extremely limited but I only saw these after buying the product. I guess it's caveat emptor.

Thanks for your help.

Archived