• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My DVD player doesn't recognize the DVD as DVD

caliaa

Question

I need help to burn a music show to a DVD (non-copyrighted). When I open the show with PowerDVD I can navigate the menu and go to straight to each track. But I can't reproduce that with a DVD. I've tried burning all the video files to the root folder, I've tried burning the VIDEOS_TS folder to the root folder, but no luck so far. My DVD player lists VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3 and I can play each one of the files but I can't navigate the menu nor open each track. And of course the 10+ tracks are on those files.

My question is how can I make the DVD-ROM to work like a regular DVD? I know this is possible because I have downloaded a few shows and my DVD can play them as regular DVDs. I was told to create an empty AUDIO_TS since the original folder doesn't have one, and to copy both VIDEO,AUDIO_TS to a main folder.

I've ruined 4 DVDs already. I've been using Creator Classic. Can someone please tell me if I should try this program again, or if I am missing something.

Thanks

PS. I'm posting this here because I don't know if it belogs to Data or DVD discussions.

6 answers to this question

I need help to burn a music show to a DVD (non-copyrighted). When I open the show with PowerDVD I can navigate the menu and go to straight to each track. But I can't reproduce that with a DVD. I've tried burning all the video files to the root folder, I've tried burning the VIDEOS_TS folder to the root folder, but no luck so far. My DVD player lists VIDEO_TS, VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3 and I can play each one of the files but I can't navigate the menu nor open each track. And of course the 10+ tracks are on those files.

My question is how can I make the DVD-ROM to work like a regular DVD? I know this is possible because I have downloaded a few shows and my DVD can play them as regular DVDs. I was told to create an empty AUDIO_TS since the original folder doesn't have one, and to copy both VIDEO,AUDIO_TS to a main folder.

I've ruined 4 DVDs already. I've been using Creator Classic. Can someone please tell me if I should try this program again, or if I am missing something.

Thanks

PS. I'm posting this here because I don't know if it belogs to Data or DVD discussions.

I am at a loss here. Is this DVD movie on your hard drive or on a DVD? If it is on your hard drive, how did it get there? Is it a commercial movie?

Is the movie on a DVD already? If so, you can use Disc Copier, unless it is encrypted. You can also use Disc Copier if it is on your hard drive.

I am at a loss here. Is this DVD movie on your hard drive or on a DVD? If it is on your hard drive, how did it get there? Is it a commercial movie?

Is the movie on a DVD already? If so, you can use Disc Copier, unless it is encrypted. You can also use Disc Copier if it is on your hard drive.

It's a concert I downloaded off Dimeadozen, it's on my computer and I don't think it's encypted or protected since it's not a released DVD. I downloaded a folder that contains a txt file and a subfolder VIDEO_TS.

I've already burnt a similar downloaded show using Nero and it played fine with my DVD player. I don't have Nero anymore and I never burnt a DVD with Roxio. Someone at Dimeadozen suggested I should use a freeware software that burns 'images'. I don't really know how the whole thing works, but I don't trust freewares and I already paid for Roxio so I want to use it.

It's a concert I downloaded off Dimeadozen, it's on my computer and I don't think it's encypted or protected since it's not a released DVD. I downloaded a folder that contains a txt file and a subfolder VIDEO_TS.

I've already burnt a similar downloaded show using Nero and it played fine with my DVD player. I don't have Nero anymore and I never burnt a DVD with Roxio. Someone at Dimeadozen suggested I should use a freeware software that burns 'images'. I don't really know how the whole thing works, but I don't trust freewares and I already paid for Roxio so I want to use it.

Well, I have no clue what Dimeadozen is, but try using Disc Copier, as I suggested.

Archived