• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD with slideshows and audio

rrhe

Question

I just upgraded to EMC8 and I'm not very happy. This program is EXTREMELY SLOW! I have a Pentium 4 - 1.6GHz w/256 MB RAM.

However, I am writing for help in adding audio clips to a DVD I've created of slideshows only, no video.

Using MyDVD 8 I added slideshows by clicking on the "Add Slideshow" tab, this would open a new window where I would select the folder with the .jpg's, I would then select the photos I wanted, click next and then click final. From there I would be returned to the MyDVD 8 window where I would repeat with the next slideshow.

According to "help" I can add background audio to the whole DVD but I need to be in Production Editor/Storyline View. How do I get to Production Editor? The Storyline/Timeline View is grayed out when I click on the View tab.

Thanks in advance....

7 answers to this question

Thanks for your help but still no luck.

I opened VideoWave and created two slideshows. I then opened MyDVD 8 and added these two slideshows as movies. I still could not add one background audio to the complete project. I had to add audio to each slideshow (not what I want).

I decided to give up on this project and just copy all my jpeg's to a DVD and view them this way, using Disc Copier. Unfortunately, Roxio sorts my files in an order in which I don't want them to be and I can't re-sort them!!!

:-<

Use VideoWave to put all your slides into one long slide show and add the music. Now open it in MyDVD and select it. Use the control to add chapters (2 in your case). Look at the post here to get one MyDVD button to play the entire production and another to play the chapters, VideoWave has no practical limit on the number of images in a slide show as long as the entire show is less than one hour at best settings, Up to 2 with some loss or sharpness.

Why are you separating the slide show into two sections and just not one long one?

Thanks for your help but still no luck.

I opened VideoWave and created two slideshows. I then opened MyDVD 8 and added these two slideshows as movies. I still could not add one background audio to the complete project. I had to add audio to each slideshow (not what I want).

I decided to give up on this project and just copy all my jpeg's to a DVD and view them this way, using Disc Copier. Unfortunately, Roxio sorts my files in an order in which I don't want them to be and I can't re-sort them!!!

:-<

You are not able to select the background audio for the full DVD. Each menu "Title", the button that shows up on the MyDVD Menu, will have its own background audio. You can have both slideshows under one Title, or menu button, and add background audio to them that way. After you have done that, you can create Chapters from MyDVD, and set the start of each slideshow as a Chapter point.

William

Thanks everyone for your help. I finally understand what I have to do. I thought I had to piece together slideshows in MyDVD but instead I need to create one large slideshow and break it up with chapters.

Why are you separating the slide show into two sections and just not one long one?

I was just using two sections for testing. I'm creating a DVD of pictures taken at my son's preschool (September - June). I broke the year up into months as well as days/events (police visit, day at the zoo...). With chapters we'll be able to move around better.

Now my next challenge will be to edit down the photos. I already have 500 and it's just for September! :)

First, your machine is on the low end for video editing. Although you are adding a 'slideshow', it is indeed burned as a 'video'.

When using the slideshow wizard, I don't think you can ever get to the Storyline or Timeline. Everytime you click 'edit movie', it just takes you back to the wizard.

But if you use the 'Add Images/Video', click on the thumbnail and then 'Edit Movie' should take you to the Storyline/Timeline mode.

Thanks Gary. I know my machine is on the low end but I was hoping for a bit more.

I don't see an "Add Images/Video" in MyDVD 8. There is an "Add Photos/Video..." under the Movie tab however this is grayed out too.

When I selected a slideshow and right-clicked I was able to select "Edit Movie" but that just brought up Slideshow Assistant, no way to get Production Editor.

I must say I'm quite confused. Maybe a better way to fix my problem is explain what I want and someone might be able to tell me where to start.

I want to make a DVD that has many slideshows (pictures only). People can play the whole thing from start to finish or select which slideshow to view. And, I want to include music for the whole DVD not each individual chapter.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gary. I know my machine is on the low end but I was hoping for a bit more.

I don't see an "Add Images/Video" in MyDVD 8. There is an "Add Photos/Video..." under the Movie tab however this is grayed out too.

When I selected a slideshow and right-clicked I was able to select "Edit Movie" but that just brought up Slideshow Assistant, no way to get Production Editor.

I must say I'm quite confused. Maybe a better way to fix my problem is explain what I want and someone might be able to tell me where to start.

I want to make a DVD that has many slideshows (pictures only). People can play the whole thing from start to finish or select which slideshow to view. And, I want to include music for the whole DVD not each individual chapter.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

One thing to do is use the right program to build those slide shows, which is VideoWave, not MyDVD. You should see the Production Editor at the bottom of the screen, as soon as you open VideoWave.

After you build your slide show and add music, you take it to MyDVD for authoring and burning.

post-81-1146488122.jpg

Archived