• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Reinstall

NotAPleeb421

Question

Hi,

I purchased Roxio Creator 2009 this past November and never had an issue with the program. I kept meaning to make a backup disc but always put it off (which was stupid of me). I attempted to use the program today and it crashed and I was advised to uninstall it and reinstall the program. As I also purchased the Extended Download policy, I did not foresee an issue with uninstalling the program, as I still have my registered product key). I logged onto the Roxio website to redownload the program and the download link is not showing up; the only link I am getting to download is a program for my Tivo. Is there any way to redownload the program online or who do I contact about this? I contemplated calling the 1800 number, but it the customer service doesn't deal with technical issues.

If someone could answer by 6pm, that would be great...I have class at 7:30 and my professor e-mailed me at 2 requesting I burn a clip for class.

Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I purchased Roxio Creator 2009 this past November and never had an issue with the program. I kept meaning to make a backup disc but always put it off (which was stupid of me). I attempted to use the program today and it crashed and I was advised to uninstall it and reinstall the program. As I also purchased the Extended Download policy, I did not foresee an issue with uninstalling the program, as I still have my registered product key). I logged onto the Roxio website to redownload the program and the download link is not showing up; the only link I am getting to download is a program for my Tivo. Is there any way to redownload the program online or who do I contact about this? I contemplated calling the 1800 number, but it the customer service doesn't deal with technical issues.

If someone could answer by 6pm, that would be great...I have class at 7:30 and my professor e-mailed me at 2 requesting I burn a clip for class.

Thanks!

Try this http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/conte...S=set-locale=en

Edited by ogdens

Hi,

Thanks!

Your problem is not a technical problem so customer service should handle it - give then a call.

What happened to your downloaded program. Did you delete it?

Your problem is not a technical problem so customer service should handle it - give then a call.

What happened to your downloaded program. Did you delete it?

Thank you so much for your help! I just got off of the phone with customer service. I'm currently redownloading right now; I have no idea what happened. I entered the exact same order number and password as before and it ended up showing up (I couldn't have entered it wrong because I copied and pasted straight from the e-mail).

I deleted the downloaded program soon after installing; I've never had a problem with Roxio in the past (I have a Roxio program on one of my other computers from 2001 and never had to reinstall), so I figured I'd save space. I'll never do that one again!

Thank you so much for your help! I just got off of the phone with customer service. I'm currently redownloading right now; I have no idea what happened. I entered the exact same order number and password as before and it ended up showing up (I couldn't have entered it wrong because I copied and pasted straight from the e-mail).

I deleted the downloaded program soon after installing; I've never had a problem with Roxio in the past (I have a Roxio program on one of my other computers from 2001 and never had to reinstall), so I figured I'd save space. I'll never do that one again!

The first thing I do is make copies of any purchased, downloaded program, either on a another hard drive and/or discs. :rolleyes: