• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Menu Glitch

jwass@adelphia.net

Question

Having trouble with menus. I will design a menu and when I click to preview it, it never shows. The music plays but there is nothing but black screen where the menu should be. When I burn the dvd the movies are there but the menu and chapter boxes don't show. Can anyone empathize and suggest a solution. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

Thanks for your reply. I acquired the updates that were available and will attempt to update video drivers. I also did the graphics test which ran but was was unable to find result to post. Please advise. Posted specs within signature. If you need more info please let me know thanks. Will try again to see if problem is any better.

The result shows in the radio button to the left of the words "Hardware" or "Software". See below, the results of my test were hardware. Also do you have the latest version of DirectX 9©.

I went to the Dell site and coul not find your model of computer. Are you sure of the designation? Did you see if there were any updates to your model?

Thanks for your reply. I acquired the updates that were available and will attempt to update video drivers. I also did the graphics test which ran but was was unable to find result to post. Please advise. Posted specs within signature. If you need more info please let me know thanks. Will try again to see if problem is any better.

The result shows in the radio button to the left of the words "Hardware" or "Software". See below, the results of my test were hardware. Also do you have the latest version of DirectX 9©.

I went to the Dell site and coul not find your model of computer. Are you sure of the designation? Did you see if there were any updates to your model?

The result is Hardware. I'm currently downloading the Direct X Sdk. The model of my comp is XPS 400 and I downloaded any updates that were available.

I was using the program more this morning and it seems to be a little better but I have trouble sometimes when switching back and forth between menu and film edit. Seems to take a long time. The program also seems to choke up a bit. Sometimes I have to reboot to get it to work cleanly.

Also, do you have to finalize the disc in order to get the menu to work on a dvd player? I've tried it before without finalizing and the menu came up black with a square for the chapter block. No background. Thanks for your time and input.

Here's the page for the comp specs http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/p...on=specs#tabtop

You gave us a open-ended guessing game by not posting your computer specs; please do so. You can add the specs to your signature by going to My Controls and typing them into your signature box. They will always show up in your posts so you waon't be asked again.

If you have problems viewing part of the program, like menus on that preview screen, it is often a problem with your hardware. Update to the latest drivers for your computer especially the drivers for your video card/chips. When you open VideoWave, select tools, options and then run the graphics test. Post what you get - hardware or software.

Having trouble with menus. I will design a menu and when I click to preview it, it never shows. The music plays but there is nothing but black screen where the menu should be. When I burn the dvd the movies are there but the menu and chapter boxes don't show. Can anyone empathize and suggest a solution. Thanks.

That page offers several different video card options. Which do you have? Dell may not have the latest for either the ATI or nVidia cards. Check which video card you have and then go to ATI or nVidia for their latest drivers.

I have the Radeon X300 SE 128MB Hypermemory card and I just downloaded the latest driver package. We'll see how it responds. Thanks for the input.

Archived