No sound on saved files!

mike hawthorne

Question

I am importing video into Video Wave using a ATI TV Wonder Pro PCI Card. I never did get the Dazzle to work.

Everything seems to work fine, I can hear the audio when I am importing it and I can hear it if I play the file in Video Wave after it is imported.

The problem is that once I export it and try to play it in any media player, ATIs, Windows Media Player, or CinePlayer the video runs fine but there is no sound.

I have also tried importing with, Windows Movie Maker, and the normal ATI, record function of its TV viewer, with the same results. No audio after I save it and play it back.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike

3 answers to this question

I am importing video into Video Wave using a ATI TV Wonder Pro PCI Card. I never did get the Dazzle to work.

Everything seems to work fine, I can hear the audio when I am importing it and I can hear it if I play the file in Video Wave after it is imported.

The problem is that once I export it and try to play it in any media player, ATIs, Windows Media Player, or CinePlayer the video runs fine but there is no sound.

I have also tried importing with, Windows Movie Maker, and the normal ATI, record function of its TV viewer, with the same results. No audio after I save it and play it back.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike

Define what you mean by export. Have you tried burning it to an ISO file, in MyDVD, then viewing that ISO file in Disc Copier?

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike

Hit and run? You haven't answered, so you must have got it solved.

Guest ivanatrox

You used Windows Movie Maker, the normal ATI record function of its TV viewer, and Videowave 8 to capture the file and all three software gave you the video file without audio. It's highly unlikely all three software would be mulfunctioning at the same time unless it's something wrong on your computer to start with. Have you checked the physical setup of your device? Have you installed the latest driver for your ATI TV Wonder Pro?

Ivan

Archived