• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating short WMV files for internet

jrheuman

Question

I just purchased Easy Creator Suite 8, and I am not happy so far. My goal with the product was to take DVD's that were created from VHS tapes of ultrasounds and post to the internet for the family (1st baby stuff). I create the DVD's by using aVHS to DVD recorder, the file types are .IFO.

When I try to bring into Roxio I get a XP error to send or not to send error. The problem is consistent on three PC's. Maybe I am doing it wrong??

Has anyone seen this issue or can you please tell me how to do this. I need to get done ASAP to get my dam mother in-law off my back. Thanks

4 answers to this question

I just purchased Easy Creator Suite 8, and I am not happy so far. My goal with the product was to take DVD's that were created from VHS tapes of ultrasounds and post to the internet for the family (1st baby stuff). I create the DVD's by using aVHS to DVD recorder, the file types are .IFO.

When I try to bring into Roxio I get a XP error to send or not to send error. The problem is consistent on three PC's. Maybe I am doing it wrong??

Has anyone seen this issue or can you please tell me how to do this. I need to get done ASAP to get my dam mother in-law off my back. Thanks

You need to close the DVD's in your recorder. Your recorder is the weak link.

You need to close the DVD's in your recorder. Your recorder is the weak link.

When you say close, do you mean finalize? I just want to make sure I understand? I am able to play and watch the DVD's in ROXIO?

When you say close, do you mean finalize? I just want to make sure I understand? I am able to play and watch the DVD's in ROXIO?

I never had a DVD recorder, but I believe finalize is the word. Hopefully, someone who has a DVD recorder will drop in and offer suggestions. I do know that any movie file that you put up for e-mailing, will be pretty poor quality. If you have a website where you can post a movie, you may be good to go.

the file types are .IFO.

First that is NOT a video file. That is the menu structure of the disc. The video is the .VOB file(s). Videowave and MyDVD can not open these files directly. You have several choices:

1) use Media Import to capture the files. This is the best way. If you recorded each ultrasound as a separate recording, they will show up as separate files during capture.

2) copy the .VOB files to the hard drive and rename the extension to .MPG. This doesn't always work, but works most of the time.

The DVD is 720X480. Most web streaming is 320X240 or 160X120. Most browsers can handle the Microsoft .WMV format which Videowave can export.

Archived