• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trkwrite.dll Errors In Roxio 5.3.2.35

Yorkie7

I need help and I apologize if this topic has been answered before. I am not that computer savvy but do know a little.

I recently upgraded my Internet Explorer to version 7.0.5730.13. I have a XP computer that is about 5 years old. my version of Roxio is 5.3.2.35.

I have no prior problems with disk copier till today and copied a CD with no problems about 2 weeks ago. I can not copy either a DVD or a CD. I get this message::unsure:

trkwrite.dll error

"The instruction at 0X00b5789f referenced memory at 0X01ab7394. The memory could not be 'read'."

I have also noticed that the area where I could have copied the data to my harddrive first is now grayed out in the advanced options with no way to bullet?

What happened here? Is this my IE doing something or maybe Microsoft's SP3 upgrade? I have also Musicmatch 9.0 on the computer.

Thank you to all who reply,

Yorkie

Try rolling IE 7 back to Version 6 ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177).

Certain Version of Musicmatch have caused problems also, try the IE 7 roll back first, and if that does not fix it uninstall Musicmatch.

XP-SP3 is another story, ( read this http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=42501 ), see how you make out with the first 2 suggestions.

Let us know how you make out.

Edited by ogdens

I will try to go back to SP2.

Thinking back, Musicmatch 9.0 was just installed due to the fact that the old one (version 7) wouldn't work either.

Do you know the versions of Musicmatch that would conflict with this?

If not, then I'm back to SP2.

I will let you know of my outcome.

Thanks so much,

Yorkie

I will try to go back to SP2.

Thinking back, Musicmatch 9.0 was just installed due to the fact that the old one (version 7) wouldn't work either.

Do you know the versions of Musicmatch that would conflict with this?

If not, then I'm back to SP2.

I will let you know of my outcome.

Thanks so much,

Yorkie

I really don't know, but some other users may come on with that answer.

Its not the only one that will break ECDC 5 ( WinPlayer 9 and 10/11, RealAudio 9 or above, and I think iTunes - can break this 1999 program.

Good luck

Okay update:

I uninstalled SP3 and am on IE version 6.0.29 but I still have Windows Media Player 11 on my XP. I noticed you mentioned 9 was conflicting with ECDC but I know that the 10 didn't conflict with my CD Copier or ECDC. I just burned a CD two weeks ago?

Should I take off WMP 11 first or that Musicmatch 9.0 that I had to put on because SP3 wouldn't let me use the old MM version 7? :unsure:

I tried to use CD copier again today. It locked at one point, tried again and the disk made the read copy but when I put in the blank CD into the computer, 2 seconds into it, the program read that the disk was copied and the MS encounted an error box came up with this:

"The instruction at 0x7c911e58 referenced memory at 0x032902ff. The memory could not be "read". When I clicked out of that another box read: "The memory could not be "written".

There were other things saying "Under following files in error report - Temp\6544_appcompat.txt.

The computer never acknowleges the blank CD.

Which program should I uninstall first? The MM jutebox or WMP 11?

I have a sinking feeling I may have to reformatt this computer. I just want my old CD copier back. BTW, does this version 5.3 recognize a video DVD that you burn on a standing DVD player, (old vcr tapes that I archived). Just wondered.

Thanks again,

Yorkie

BTW, I forgot to mention, I uninstalled IE 7 which still showed in the Add/Remove Program list in my Control Panel. I then uninstalled ECDC 5.0 basic and reinstalled it just to see if that would work. Unfortunately, it did not.

It read the cd to be copied but again the minute I put in the blank cd, the computer locked up and that Microsoft error box came up like it did before.

This makes me so frustrated and I think now I do have to reformat. UGH!! I feel like Charlie Brown with the football.

Yorkie

Try removing the Musicmatch 9.0 first, and if that does not help try rolling back WMP 11.

For instructions on the uninstall/re-install of ECDC 5 go here http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=32401

To prove that your burner is ok, copy a small file from the cd to your hard drive, then use the built in burning capabilities of XP to burn a CD (as a test use a CD-RW). or http://imgburn.com/

Edited by ogdens

Thanks Ogdens for all your help. :)

I did uninstall MM 9.0. I can't put on the earlier versions, just don't load. Too many issues with the OS system I believe.

I know the burner works. Before I uninstalled MusicMatch, I was able to burn a music CD in that program.

That imgburn program looks interesting. Is this a good program? Does it make DVD copies and CD copies also?

I looked at the link for uninstalling ECDC 5.0 but how can that apply to me when I did upgrade to 7.0 and WMP 11 on this computer? I like I have said took off 7.0 but still have WMP 11 on. What happens when you take that program off? Does it automatically go back to 10 or do you have to search the program on Microsoft if available?

Removing IE7 and WMP11 will roll back to the originally installed version (9 or 10, depending on what you had)

To prevent IE7 being reinstalled as a 'critical update' go here and download and run this app by MS (you will need to run it in a Command Prompt)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Removing IE7 and WMP11 will roll back to the originally installed version (9 or 10, depending on what you had)

To prevent IE7 being reinstalled as a 'critical update' go here and download and run this app by MS (you will need to run it in a Command Prompt)

Current Update:

Uninstalled WMP 11 now back to 9.0 version. Tried to burn a CD again and still same errors as above.

Thinking that this is so messed up that a reformat is the only way to fix. :(

Any ideas what you all think?

About preventing IE7 from doing a critical update, how do you run this in Command Prompt. (is it the F5 key when booting up then hitting the DOS command?) How is this done? (again sorry, not that puter savvy).

Again, thank you for your time and help,

Yorkie

"No - go to the start menu, and it's in accessories, system tools - that opens a command prompt window - just navigate to where the unzipped file is and run it there"

okay I see command prompt window in accessories area (system tools is further down list) but I can't get the file to run. I just can't click on the saved file in my folder?

I see Documents and Settings\Owner>

the question next is what do I type? Do I right click and hit find and then what do I say in the box? Everything I try doesn't work?

(again sorry for the not knowing this but if you don't ask you won't know! LOL)

Again to all who have been reading this topic...what do you think is the best way to fix this? Reformat the harddrive?

BTW Musicmatch 7.2 (my original program that came with this Gateway, ran with ECDC 5.3 with no conflicts ever till I did this lousy SP3 upgrade)

thanks,

Yorkie

update:

Took me a few times to understand this but opened the file in the Command Prompt. I hit all the files and saw a "Help" read file explained the value of the file and how it worked.

I then went into my registry just to see if the key was there. Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Setup\7.0

Key value name: DoNotAllowIE70

This was in the registry and listed so I am thinking I did this properly! YAY!!

Now the million dollar question is...what do I try next? I uninstalled EDCD myself (not the one that is listed on this site as a total clean off the registry and such) and reinstalled the program from my original CD that came with the computer. I still get all the same errors and cannot use Disk copy or DVD copy from the program.

Why do I get memory errors? Is this something that has max'd out? BTW...I saw the other day the WAV files that the cd put on the Harddrive in my Music file but it wouldn't take them to burn the disk.

Thanks again to all who reply,

Yorkie