• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't read .iso files

abbethel

Question

I hope I can explain this problem clearly! After creating a Videowave production, I save the file as a disc image file (.iso) to my hard drive. Then I burn this .iso file to a DVD. Sometimes the DVD will play and sometimes it will not. After much searching, I finally took a look at the DVD contents. The ones that will not play have a file with the .iso extension. The ones that will play actually contain 2 files: ROXIOPLASMA and Video_TS. What box am I checking or not checking in the burn process that causes this to happen.? Any help will be appreciated.

3 answers to this question

I hope I can explain this problem clearly! After creating a Videowave production, I save the file as a disc image file (.iso) to my hard drive. Then I burn this .iso file to a DVD. Sometimes the DVD will play and sometimes it will not. After much searching, I finally took a look at the DVD contents. The ones that will not play have a file with the .iso extension. The ones that will play actually contain 2 files: ROXIOPLASMA and Video_TS. What box am I checking or not checking in the burn process that causes this to happen.? Any help will be appreciated.

If you see a file on that DVD with an .iso extension, it means that you burned it as a data file. Good for backing up the data, but it isn't a DVD compliant movie file.

If you want to make a DVD movie out of an .iso file, you need to use Disc Copier to burn it.

Archived