Cd Spin Doctor Blues

tmccrady

Question

I have struggled to understand this program for several days. Amazed there is so little help. I am using this software to record several albums. I cannot figure out how to edit what I have recorded. For instance, I just recorded an album, but there was an area hwere the record skipped. I would like to edit out that section of the album and re-record it. How does one cut out a song or two and then re-record? Obviously I would love to see some thorough documentation on this program--- like many others it would appear.

7 answers to this question

You don't actually edit the waveform created with Spin Doctor. You mark the portions you want to keep. You can do the marking by clicking and dragging along the waveform. The start and end points have handles that you can adjust for fine-tuning where a track starts or ends. So if there is something you want to leave out, just don't include it in a marked area. You can delete tracks and the background will be white, showing that it isn't included in any track.

You cannot add to the waveform. You need to record the audio that was skipped as a new recording.

All I can suggest is to experiment. Open an AIFF file that's on your Mac and mess around with it. You can't harm the source file.

My impression is that this program doesn't work at all but sounded good when they printed it on the side of the box. Hence the lack of support or any instructions at all on how to use it. A good scam and we all fell for it. What can I say?

You can say that, but it isn't true. I've used it. There are bugs, to be sure, and I'm hopeful Roxio and Deepsea are going to issue an update with fixes. But it does work to record audio, mark tracks, and apply filters for export.

Thanks for your information. Great idea on how to experiment.

I am trying to picture this in my head, but how do you combine two files into one CD? Does Toast allow that? When I am done editing in CD Spin, I send it right to toast and burn the CD. I do not send it to iTunes. I am doing a job for a customer who wants several albums converted to CDs.

I am trying to picture this in my head, but how do you combine two files into one CD? Does Toast allow that? When I am done editing in CD Spin, I send it right to toast and burn the CD. I do not send it to iTunes. I am doing a job for a customer who wants several albums converted to CDs.

Hi TMcCrady -

In addition to what Tsantee, said: Here is a basic article on editing and defining audio tracks in Toast:

How to define and edit audio tracks with CD Spin Doctor

Let me know if it helps you out/answers some questions.

Thanks,

Jon

Send the tracks from the first Spin Doctor recording to Toast. Do your next recording with Spin Doctor and send its tracks to Toast. Toast will just keep adding more tracks to the list. You can rearrange them in Toast and change the gap, add crossfades and so on. Toast has a Normalize option so tracks from different sources are at the same perceived volume.

Archived