• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transitions

jaxkeane

Question

Please Help!!!

1 - I am trying to convert a slideshow from 7.5 to version 8...it works great except I can't get the version 8 to load "random" transitions like I had in 7.5 between pictures. In 7.5 I used "apply transition themes; random" on the production editor line. I can't find anything like it in version 8. I'm using videowave and have tried all the tranisiton buttons and none seem to give me the random thing I had in 7.5.

Second question - while playing around with version 8 using "new slideshow" option from videwave; step 2 had this option called "transition style"...It has options like "2x2 collage", "2x2 exteme" "black and white" etc... it was great....however...I can't seem to find it when I use videowave (unless I use the "new slideshow" option) then I can't use all the videowave options. So...my question is...how can I get to those transition styles using videowave vs. going throug "new slideshow".

Thanks so much for any help...all my friends' kids are graduating from high school/college and they all want videos and I want them to be the best I can make them!!!!

18 answers to this question

If you have installed the content disc, the other possibility is that your video card/chip cannot handle all the transitions; especially the 3 D transitions. Do this and post where the dot is located. Open VideoWave and select Tools then Options, run the test. Post where the dot is. Is it next to "hardware" or "software"? If it next to software then the card/chips won't handle all the transitions now. Go to tour computer manufacturer's web site and download any driver updates for your card/chip. You can tell by checking if you have any 3D transition in the drop down menu for transitions. You should also have about 240 transitions.

If that doesn't work or you need help locating the drivers, please post your computer specifications including the information on your card/chip. If you edit your signature using "My Controls" near the top of this page, it will show up in all your posts so you will not be asked again.

Thanks so much for the help..I reinstalled the software on a different computer (my lap top) and installed contents...the transition themes are still the same (start with dissolves and ends with cuts)..maybe 15 total.

I went to tool/options from video wave and ran the "graphics test"...the dot was next to software both before I ran the test and after the test....during the test stuff flashed up...then returned to the screen (with dot next to software)....when you say go to tour computer manufacturer's web site...do you mean the web site of the manufacturer of my computer (compaq?)...sorry to be so dense...:) Again, appreciate the help!!

Thanks so much for the help..I reinstalled the software on a different computer (my lap top) and installed contents...the transition themes are still the same (start with dissolves and ends with cuts)..maybe 15 total.

I went to tool/options from video wave and ran the "graphics test"...the dot was next to software both before I ran the test and after the test....during the test stuff flashed up...then returned to the screen (with dot next to software)....when you say go to tour computer manufacturer's web site...do you mean the web site of the manufacturer of my computer (compaq?)...sorry to be so dense...:) Again, appreciate the help!!

You are welcome. Hope you get it squared away.

In 7.5 I used "apply transition themes; random" on the production editor line.

For some reason, it's now called POTLUCK and it's at the bottom of the transition themes list.

So...my question is...how can I get to those transition styles using videowave vs. going throug "new slideshow".

You don't. Those particular transition themes are only available inside the slideshow wizard.

post-49-1146544733.jpg

Which Version do you own? EMC 8 Essentials, Standard or Deluxe? I'm not familiar with the Essentials version which has limited features.

Hi Gary, I tried to do it from production editor and when I click transition themes from there I get the same thing as when I do it from the side menu...it begins with dissolves and ends with cuts. The version I have is Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe Suite...It seems very weird that yours is different...I wonder if maybe there is an update or something I need to apply??? Thanks again for your help - Mary

For some reason, it's now called POTLUCK and it's at the bottom of the transition themes list.

You don't. Those particular transition themes are only available inside the slideshow wizard.

Thanks so much for the POTLUCK ANSWER!! -

On the transition styles on the slideshow wizard - is it possible to use the wizard to initially create the show and revert back to regular videowave so I can add text, music, etc. I only want to use those transition styles (grid etc.) for pieces of the show (like for an intro or ending)...any advice would be great!! thanks again for saving me so much time with the Potluck answer!!!

Hi Gary, I tried to do it from production editor and when I click transition themes from there I get the same thing as when I do it from the side menu...it begins with dissolves and ends with cuts. The version I have is Easy Media Creator 8 Deluxe Suite...It seems very weird that yours is different...I wonder if maybe there is an update or something I need to apply??? Thanks again for your help - Mary

I did not scroll through all of the posts in this thread, but did you load the Content Disk onto your hard drive?

You're welcome....

As for the second part, I think you can only if you used the slideshow wizard inside Videowave to start.

Open Videowave

Add slideshow

create slideshow

This places the images in storyboard and timeline.

You should be able to add text and music at that point.

In MyDVD, 'edit movie' on a slideshow just takes you back to the slideshow wizard.

Yep, go to Compaq's web site to see if you can get an update to your video card/chip. If not, you may want to replace the video card on your desktop. With that dot next to software, you are missing the rest of the transitions, effects, etc. If you have the money and space, you might consider getting one with at least 128mb on board the video card. Most will argue that both ATI or nVidia cards are better. Both have their good points and bad points. I bought my ATI card for my old computer since they had a better web site and it was on sale. :huh: You can get acceptable cards for $50 on up.

Not much you can do with that laptop except seeing if there is an update and to make sure you have the latest version of DirectX 9© on it.

I went to tool/options from video wave and ran the "graphics test"...the dot was next to software both before I ran the test and after the test....during the test stuff flashed up...then returned to the screen (with dot next to software)....when you say go to tour computer manufacturer's web site...do you mean the web site of the manufacturer of my computer (compaq?)...sorry to be so dense... :) Again, appreciate the help!!

If you have installed the content disc, the other possibility is that your video card/chip cannot handle all the transitions; especially the 3 D transitions. Do this and post where the dot is located. Open VideoWave and select Tools then Options, run the test. Post where the dot is. Is it next to "hardware" or "software"? If it next to software then the card/chips won't handle all the transitions now. Go to tour computer manufacturer's web site and download any driver updates for your card/chip. You can tell by checking if you have any 3D transition in the drop down menu for transitions. You should also have about 240 transitions.

If that doesn't work or you need help locating the drivers, please post your computer specifications including the information on your card/chip. If you edit your signature using "My Controls" near the top of this page, it will show up in all your posts so you will not be asked again.

Hi Gary, I just got home and tried what you said on the transition themes...it doesn't show a potluck option.....The list starts with Dissolve and ends with Cuts...I tried to do a screen print from the page but it won't let me copy it in here for you to see.....I swear I'm not crazy but it's not the same screen as you attached!!! I am defintielty in Version 8 too.....any help is very appreciated...thanks!!!

There is no update for the 'deluxe' suite. That is the latest release. If you are sure that you have scrolled ALL the way to the bottom, you may need to reinstall.

After owning a number of earlier versions of EMC up through 7 and 7.5, I "prepurchased" EMC 8 sometime last year and am currently using it. I did not know there was a "deluxe" version until I saw this post. On checking it out at Roxio, I find a fee of $99.99 after a $50 rebate. I see no option for an "upgrade" from the Suite option that I bought. Does this mean that I would pay the same amount as someone who is purchasing EMC for the first time? I recognize that life is not fair, but I thought Roxio was!

Hi Gary, I just got home and tried what you said on the transition themes...it doesn't show a potluck option.....The list starts with Dissolve and ends with Cuts...I tried to do a screen print from the page but it won't let me copy it in here for you to see.....I swear I'm not crazy but it's not the same screen as you attached!!! I am defintielty in Version 8 too.....any help is very appreciated...thanks!!!

At the top of you screen, click on Production, then click on Add Transition Theme. You should see the list. That is the only way to do it, in this version. It is a step backwards from version7.5.

After owning a number of earlier versions of EMC up through 7 and 7.5, I "prepurchased" EMC 8 sometime last year and am currently using it. I did not know there was a "deluxe" version until I saw this post. On checking it out at Roxio, I find a fee of $99.99 after a $50 rebate. I see no option for an "upgrade" from the Suite option that I bought. Does this mean that I would pay the same amount as someone who is purchasing EMC for the first time? I recognize that life is not fair, but I thought Roxio was!

The upgrade is supposed to be around $20 or $30, I don't remember which. It was supposed to be available towards the end of April, but like most things, it looks to be delayed.

This may be a silly question, but how do you get screen shots of the various parts of EMC & are able to put them on the discussion groups??

The upgrade is supposed to be around $20 or $30, I don't remember which. It was supposed to be available towards the end of April, but like most things, it looks to be delayed.

Thanks for the reply. After posting my question, I found the press release on Roxio that stated, among other things, that current users would be able to get a "software only" (whatever that means) upgrade for $19.95 in April. I expect that I am jumping the gun and should wait for an email from Roxio. Thanks again.

This may be a silly question, but how do you get screen shots of the various parts of EMC & are able to put them on the discussion groups??
The forum feature must be 'turned on' by the administrator of the forum. Even though you may not be able to upload iamges directly to the Roxio server, you can still post an external link to another server like your own home page or office website. Just use the 'insert link' if you are using the full edit mode.

Archived