Sign in to follow this  
shiff

Remove Cd Spin Doctor Completely

Question

How can I completely remove CD Spin Doctor? I want it out of my sound preference panes and off my machine. I have trashed the application but the menu stuff is still there. I have not been able to find a way to completely remove it. I never even told it to install.

4 answers to this question

What menu stuff?

If you never opened CD Spin Doctor then just delete the application from the Toast folder.

What menu stuff?

If you never opened CD Spin Doctor then just delete the application from the Toast folder.

If I look in my Sound prepane I see CD Spin Doctor located in there. It will not go away. That is what I need to remove.

If I look in my Sound prepane I see CD Spin Doctor located in there. It will not go away. That is what I need to remove.

I believe it is the CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext file in you System>Library>Extensions folder.

You may find this useful. I got this from Roxio.

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

You will need to perform a clean install of Toast. Please follow all of the instructions below:

1) Please go to the following folder locations:

BE SURE TO REMOVE THE FILES FROM BOTH LOCATIONS

Macintosh HD> Library> Preferences

Macintosh HD> Users> your username> Library> Preferences:

trash the following files:

com.roxio.Toast.plist

Roxio Toast Prefs

com.roxio.CDSpinDoctor6.plist

com.tivo.desktop.plist

com.roxio.mac2tivo.plist

*and any other com.roxio.* files located at either of these locations.

BEFORE MOVING ON, please confirm that you have removed all the listed files from BOTH the above locations.

1.5) You will also need to remove the Application Support. Please perform the following:

Macintosh HD> Users> your username> Library> Application Support> Now trash the following folders:

CDSpinDoctor

Mac2Tivo

Roxio

2) Trash the Toast Titanium folder(and all other Toast folders) from the applications folder and trash the Dock icon for Toast.

Now click Finder(in the menubar at the top of the screen) Then Secure Empty Trash.

3) Once that is complete, run Disk Utility (located in Applications> Utilities folder) and Repair Disk Permissions on your main hard drive.

4) Restart the computer and Reinstall using the Toast Titanium Disc or download file.

If there is an update available for your version, you may install just the update alone from the following link:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/toast/software_updates.html

Good luck.