• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Need To Update Easy Cd Cr. Basic 5 To Install Avg Antivirus

Davider

I currently have Easy CD Creator 5 Basic, version 5.1.1.104. My connection is dial-up (using Windows XP including SP3). I want to install the AVG Free Antivirus. (I've removed the previous antivirus I had.) I was able to download (with help) the entire AVG file quickly onto a CD-RW disc using my broadband PC at work. At home now, on my dial-up PC, I've extracted the file (I think), but AVG is telling me my current Roxio product is

outdated & contains a bug that can cause problems with AVG 8.0 and recommends I update my Roxio software "prior to installation of AVG 8.0".

I've learned that Creator 5 Basic is a "legacy" product no longer supported by Roxio Tech Support. Is that a problem? I just want to install the AVG 8.0 antivirus program. How exactly do I do that?

I currently have Easy CD Creator 5 Basic, version 5.1.1.104. My connection is dial-up (using Windows XP including SP3). I want to install the AVG Free Antivirus. (I've removed the previous antivirus I had.) I was able to download (with help) the entire AVG file quickly onto a CD-RW disc using my broadband PC at work. At home now, on my dial-up PC, I've extracted the file (I think), but AVG is telling me my current Roxio product is

outdated & contains a bug that can cause problems with AVG 8.0 and recommends I update my Roxio software "prior to installation of AVG 8.0".

I've learned that Creator 5 Basic is a "legacy" product no longer supported by Roxio Tech Support. Is that a problem? I just want to install the AVG 8.0 antivirus program. How exactly do I do that?

I also downloaded the A V G free Version ( 2-20-2009 ) and got the same information as above. It worked fine for me after I installed the free version.. I still can't find out how to get the update. My Computer came with Roxio Software installed and cannot find any serial numbers on my application disc..Richard=Charlotte< NC

• 4 weeks later...

I to am having trouble with the anti-virus software. I tried the update given but it said it was for version 7.1 and higher. I obviously don't have that.

I also tried removing (uninstalling) Easy CD Creator 5 but the Add/Remove Software did not have an uninstall option - justa Change.

Is there anyway to uninstall CD Creator 5?

I to am having trouble with the anti-virus software. I tried the update given but it said it was for version 7.1 and higher. I obviously don't have that.

I also tried removing (uninstalling) Easy CD Creator 5 but the Add/Remove Software did not have an uninstall option - justa Change.

The link in post #4 should work for you, is that the one you are referring to.

Please to read it properly. It says it will update your CDR4 drivers TO version 7.1.0.190, which is the entire object of the exercise.

post-208-1237637644.jpg

The Roxizap utility should do it for you. There's a link to it in a pinned post at the top of this forum.

I also downloaded the A V G free Version ( 2-20-2009 ) and got the same information as above. It worked fine for me after I installed the free version.. I still can't find out how to get the update. My Computer came with Roxio Software installed and cannot find any serial numbers on my application disc..Richard=Charlotte< NC

I too seem to have the problem of AVG (free) vs. Roxio Easy ECDRC5. I admit I'm not a computer genius and there are so many abbreviations in this field that it throws me. An example: while trying to update ECDRC5 it came up as "e_cdr....." and the "fix" link simply shows cdrc4. So are these actually the same? Is Easy CD Creator 5 actually an updated version of CDRC4?

I too seem to have the problem of AVG (free) vs. Roxio Easy ECDRC5. I admit I'm not a computer genius and there are so many abbreviations in this field that it throws me. An example: while trying to update ECDRC5 it came up as "e_cdr....." and the "fix" link simply shows cdrc4. So are these actually the same? Is Easy CD Creator 5 actually an updated version of CDRC4?

Please clarify, was your ECDC 5 (not ECDRC5) working ok before you installed AVG?.

AVG does conflict with Roxio's old CDR4 (not CDRC4) module, and years ago Roxio came out with an update which was published to fix that conflict, which is the link that Brendon supplied in post #4.

Please clarify, was your ECDC 5 (not ECDRC5) working ok before you installed AVG?.

AVG does conflict with Roxio's old CDR4 (not CDRC4) module, and years ago Roxio came out with an update which was published to fix that conflict, which is the link that Brendon supplied in post #4.

We all cannot be crazy! I am running Easy CD Creator 5.1_E3c and am getting the same hard error message after downloading and attempting to run updatecdr4_53_71.exe.

"This updater is designed for CDR4 Drivers 7.1 and above"

I honestly don't know, but I have to believe that this older update will not work with the new AVG Free 8.5.

If anyone has the time and energy, here is the exact text showing up on the AVG Free 8.5 build 283 installer program:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention!

Installer has detected that there is an outdated version of the program

Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, which contains a bug that (among others)

can cause problems with AVG 8.5.

We recommend that you update the software prior to installation of

AVG 8.5. An update package is availble on the Roxio web page.

There is a hyperlink that sends the user to http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/default.html

The roxio support site search comes up a dud - even just plugging in the search string 'AVG'

AVG support site states:

The AVG installation package can detect various conflicting applications on your computer. One of the most common programs that may affect AVG function is Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, in which case the AVG setup shows the following message:

Installer has detected that there is an outdated version of the program Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, which contains a bug that (among others) can cause problems with AVG 8.5.

However, in some cases AVG reports presence of this program even if only some of its parts are remaining in the system. Therefore in case you receive the mentioned message while installing AVG and you don't have installed Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, it is safe to continue with the installation as no further actions are necessary.

If you have installed this program, please update it to the latest version before you continue with the installation of AVG.

That last statement is the kicker - I fall into that category because I am cheap and don't want to pay $50 USD to upgrade an OEM app on my old Dell.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

We all cannot be crazy! I am running Easy CD Creator 5.1_E3c and am getting the same hard error message after downloading and attempting to run updatecdr4_53_71.exe.

"This updater is designed for CDR4 Drivers 7.1 and above"

I honestly don't know, but I have to believe that this older update will not work with the new AVG Free 8.5.

If anyone has the time and energy, here is the exact text showing up on the AVG Free 8.5 build 283 installer program:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention!

Installer has detected that there is an outdated version of the program

Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, which contains a bug that (among others)

can cause problems with AVG 8.5.

We recommend that you update the software prior to installation of

AVG 8.5. An update package is availble on the Roxio web page.

There is a hyperlink that sends the user to http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/default.html

The roxio support site search comes up a dud - even just plugging in the search string 'AVG'

AVG support site states:

The AVG installation package can detect various conflicting applications on your computer. One of the most common programs that may affect AVG function is Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, in which case the AVG setup shows the following message:

Installer has detected that there is an outdated version of the program Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, which contains a bug that (among others) can cause problems with AVG 8.5.

However, in some cases AVG reports presence of this program even if only some of its parts are remaining in the system. Therefore in case you receive the mentioned message while installing AVG and you don't have installed Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator, it is safe to continue with the installation as no further actions are necessary.

If you have installed this program, please update it to the latest version before you continue with the installation of AVG.

That last statement is the kicker - I fall into that category because I am cheap and don't want to pay $50 USD to upgrade an OEM app on my old Dell.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

There are other free antivirus programs around (here's one http://www.clamwin.com/ ).

It works fine with ECDC 5.

Archived