Sign in to follow this  
Norm2006

Burning Pdf Documents To Cd To Read On Tv

Question

I need to copy several multi-page PDF files to CD, total space less than 3MB. These need to be read on CD players through peoples' TVs. I've tried drag-to-disc, making a data disc, and using Creator Classic. None of these are readable on my stand-alone DVD player through my TV.

Can this be done using EMC 9, and how?

I'm up against a deadline, so a quick reply is much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Norm2006

2 answers to this question

I may be wrong about this but as far as I know, unless the DVD player can read data files, it won't work. I believe you'd need an autorun file to open up an html file but how to do that, I personally don't know.

I need to copy several multi-page PDF files to CD, total space less than 3MB. These need to be read on CD players through peoples' TVs. I've tried drag-to-disc, making a data disc, and using Creator Classic. None of these are readable on my stand-alone DVD player through my TV.

Can this be done using EMC 9, and how?

I'm up against a deadline, so a quick reply is much appreciated. Thanks.

1) Convert the pages to jpg files and burn a JPEG disc. Then hope that the people have DVD players that will play JPEG discs.

or

2)Make them into a Windows Power Point presentation and use this. Output to a mpg or other file and then use MyDVD to burn it to a DVD. Remember any movie will be low ressolution and will be hard to read.

Edited by sknis