• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Fails Repeatedly

amcdavitt

Question

I purchased the retail boxed CD's from Roxio for Easy Media Creator 8 Suite. When running the program installation it seems to proceed normally up until it is part way through the Copying New Files step. At that point the installation stops, the program indicates it is "Rolling Back Actions" and then stops at the following message.

"The Wizard was interupted before Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time please run setup again."

I have gone through my system and shut down anything that might interrupt the installation including my firewall and virus checker and all programs that run at startup. However I still get the same results

Any suggestions? Or should I just reinstall 7.5 and stay with that?

5 answers to this question

a. Go to Start->Search

b. Click on All files and folders

c. Search for a file called msxmlx.inf

d. After search completed, right click on each file and select Properties

e. Uncheck Read-Only (if checked), click Apply and OK

f. Re-install EMC8

II too was having the forementioned problem when trying to install Creator 8, even though I had a sucessful copy of Creator 7 up and running on my machine. Your directions were followed and I sucessfully completed my install also..My question now is should I go back and make the files altered as read only again? Does it matter if I change the setting back or should I leave it. Thanks very much for the posting of this problem..It had me quite frustrated..I was ready to bring the program back..You people are aces!![/size]

I purchased the retail boxed CD's from Roxio for Easy Media Creator 8 Suite. When running the program installation it seems to proceed normally up until it is part way through the Copying New Files step. At that point the installation stops, the program indicates it is "Rolling Back Actions" and then stops at the following message.

"The Wizard was interupted before Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 could be completely installed. Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time please run setup again."

I have gone through my system and shut down anything that might interrupt the installation including my firewall and virus checker and all programs that run at startup. However I still get the same results

Any suggestions? Or should I just reinstall 7.5 and stay with that?

a. Go to Start->Search

f. Re-install EMC8

a. Go to Start->Search

f. Re-install EMC8

this is bull, I did all of that and I still get a no .( roll Back) this a bad program and needs some one to step up to the plate and get it right. if you want to sell a product you need positive input. you lose on this one.

a. Go to Start->Search

f. Re-install EMC8

I followed your instructions last night. After removing the Read-Only check from each file the installation ran without error

Thanks very much for your assistance

A. McDavitt

this is bull, I did all of that and I still get a no .( roll Back) this a bad program and needs some one to step up to the plate and get it right. if you want to sell a product you need positive input. you lose on this one.

Hello, kpperl, firstly this site is not a fully maned site by ROxio staff, in fact there is very few visits by them, and when they do it is normaly done in there free time, NO ONE here is a paid ROXIO staff member, we are all users like you that has had issues in the past and are here to try to help other users like your self,

(if you want to sell a product you need positive input. you lose on this one)

If you have an issue with the product direct it to them off the contacts to the left of your screen , other wise

post your pob here with as much info as you can on what make , model your pc is , and service packs?, and what version of EMC you have? boxed, downloaded ... ect..

and we will all here try to help...

Venting your anger here go's no where.....

lets get pro active and try to sort your issues out...

Dont take this as a personal slam, as we have all had frustrations with products...

Archived