• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Help!

Moon9960

Question

I have been trying for two weeks to get my computer (HP Pavilion) to burn a DVD. I set up my slideshow, command to burn, insert my DVD and it does not recognize my DVD, although it is Maxell DVD-RW. The latest message I got today was after it had done 87% of the burning, was that there was an unrecoverable error that happened. After that I could not get the disk out of the computer drive for the longest time, although there was no activity. Mind you, I have done this before, but not for about six months. I do know how to follow the directions, and am sure of what I did was correct. I tried to burn the DVD on Windows Burner also, with the same error results...PLUS it told me some of my files were corrupt. I think I got the corrupt thing fixed, and tried again...to no avail. This is not a hard thing...but the computer is NOT cooperating. In doing a system check, it said that I need no new driver for Roxio, and that it is working properly. Why then will the DVD not burn in its entirety? I am at wits end.

Appreciate any replies and advise. I am not extremely all knowing about computers, but know the basics...so if you answer, make it simple, please. I am using the Roxio Creator Basic v9 which came on the computer. I do not know if it was in a red box.

Edited by Moon9960

2 answers to this question

I have been trying for two weeks to get my computer (HP Pavilion) to burn a DVD. I set up my slideshow, command to burn, insert my DVD and it does not recognize my DVD, although it is Maxell DVD-RW. The latest message I got today was after it had done 87% of the burning, was that there was an unrecoverable error that happened. After that I could not get the disk out of the computer drive for the longest time, although there was no activity. Mind you, I have done this before, but not for about six months. I do know how to follow the directions, and am sure of what I did was correct. I tried to burn the DVD on Windows Burner also, with the same error results...PLUS it told me some of my files were corrupt. I think I got the corrupt thing fixed, and tried again...to no avail. This is not a hard thing...but the computer is NOT cooperating. In doing a system check, it said that I need no new driver for Roxio, and that it is working properly. Why then will the DVD not burn in its entirety? I am at wits end.

Appreciate any replies and advise. I am not extremely all knowing about computers, but know the basics...so if you answer, make it simple, please. I am using the Roxio Creator Basic v9 which came on the computer. I do not know if it was in a red box.

Try some qulity DVDs such as Verbatims - Maxells are near the bottom of the barrel.

Have you tried to burn to an image (ISO) file first and then copy the ISO to your disc? If you create the ISO file first, then you can see if there is a glitch in the slide show. If creating the ISO hangs, then you know it is something in the slide show. If not, then it is hardware or disc related.

To burn an ISO file from My DVD, select that options when you go to burn. Uncheck the other options.

EDIT: I just relaized that you are using a stripped down version of the software and may not have the ability to burn an image file. Sorry.

Edited by sknis