• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Create Dvd Music Disc

MagicClown

Question

Using Creator 2009 I'm trying to create a DVD music disc. After exhausting all posts and 2 calls to tech support, I'm still unable to do so.

After I input the mp3 files I want on the disc, I click on burn to create the disc. However, I can not get it to complete the encoding/burning process. I've try using different media brands (Maxell, Sony & Memorex) and disabling all start up items. I even tried just creating an ISO on my hard drive and it crashed as well. It will get anywhere from 15% to 95% complete and then crash asking me if I want to send a report to Microsoft.

I have an AMD 6000+ 3.10 CPU with 3Gig of ram. A Sony DRU-V200S DVD-ROM Burner and a 60Gig Hard Drive. I'm not sure what other information to supply, but ask and I'll provide.

Anyone have any idea as to how I can fix this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

I suspect it is the files you are feeding it, but that will be easy to test!

First you are using Roxio DVD Music Assistant, correct?

Use a DVD RW and a commercial Music CD.

Start the Assistant – Add from Disc (one or 2 songs is plenty) – Next and Next – Burn.

Even if you are using the Roxio Music Disc Creator, follow the same steps.

The test is to use a known quality file and a keep it down to a simple burn.

What happens???

Of interest, most would recommend using Verbatim discs… Some other may be a penny or 2 cheaper but you are better walking past them in the end!

When these first came out a couple versions back I ran into similar problems.

As Jim pointed out it is usually a certain file that MDC just doesn't like.

If you do what he suggests and then try burning using your files again and it crashes I'd try and see what percent it drops at,try some simple math and remove a block of files,try it again and eventually you'll find the offending file.

Could be one that has a different bit rate.

I know it's a long way around but sometimes that's all you can do.

The app doesn't come back and say "so and so file is corrupt or unsupported",it just stops processing.

I have my MP3 files in folders according to genre and I tried creating an ISO just one genre (folder) at a time. It crashed when it started to process the 21st file. I reloaded DMC and it asked if I wanted to reload the last project and I said yes. I then removed the 21st song on the list and tried creating the ISO again. IT WORKED!!!

Thank you for your help. I am now able to burn the DVD with no problems.

It's a shame that Roxio's own tech support could not help me with this either of the 2 times I was on the phone with them. They kept insisting that it was my DVD-Rom or the media I was using.

Thank you again, your help is much appreciated.

Jim,

Where can you purchase Verbatim discs? I've never heard of this brand. Are they really that much better than Sony & Memorex?

I have my MP3 files in folders according to genre and I tried creating an ISO just one genre (folder) at a time. It crashed when it started to process the 21st file. I reloaded DMC and it asked if I wanted to reload the last project and I said yes. I then removed the 21st song on the list and tried creating the ISO again. IT WORKED!!!

Thank you for your help. I am now able to burn the DVD with no problems.

It's a shame that Roxio's own tech support could not help me with this either of the 2 times I was on the phone with them. They kept insisting that it was my DVD-Rom or the media I was using.

Thank you again, your help is much appreciated.

Jim,

Where can you purchase Verbatim discs? I've never heard of this brand. Are they really that much better than Sony & Memorex?

Verbatim should be available at locations in the US like Best Buy and Target (I think). Compusa.com also sells them. Just google it and find a retailer near you. Or some org. you trust online. I wouldn't think you'd pay more that $0.40 US per disc on sale.

Memorex has gotten poor reviews consistently in these forums. I have been a proponent of Sony's, but recently got burned (no pun intended) w/ a bad spindle.

Glad it worked out for you.

Edited by Syrallas

For whatever reason,EMC products are sometimes not happy with the files we try to feed it.

Glad you figured out which was the offending file and got it to work once you removed it.

I forgot if you pay attention it shows the file you're processing.Good catch.