• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Duch

Cannot Burn Movies

Question

When I burn movies with toast 9.0.4 the movies will burn, and load into toast correctly. Once the movie is done burning, and it gets ejected, I tried to play it. It will not play, and just shows a black screen. Any ideas on whats wrong?

3 answers to this question

Is the DVD not playing on your Mac or is it not playing on a standalone DVD player or both? Did you have Toast set to the DVD video setting in the Video window? Have you tried clicking the start play button after seeing the black screen?

I can't recall anyone raising this issue before so I'm befuddled.

I have tried it on a dvd player, my mac and my xbox. All have the same effect. You can scroll through parts of the movie, and still nothing. Hitting play does nothing. Would it be a hardware problem?

I have tried it on a dvd player, my mac and my xbox. All have the same effect. You can scroll through parts of the movie, and still nothing. Hitting play does nothing. Would it be a hardware problem?

Go back to the project in Toast and choose Save as Disc Image. When it is finished select the disc image using the Image File setting in Toast. This should automatically mount it and in turn automatically launch DVD Player. Do not have a video DVD inserted in your Mac at this time so DVD Player will play from the mounted disc image. What do you see in DVD Player. Note: you may need to press the space bar for the DVD's menu to appear.