• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable to launch MyDVD and Videowave

aloubert

Question

I had EMC 7.5 on my PC.

Videowave 7 NEVER worked (I had an error when launching VW7).

I recently purchased a EMC 8 suite.

I then completely uninstalled EMC 7, rebooted, and installed EMC 8 from scratch.

Finally, I upgraded EMC 8 to the very last 8.05 version.

Now, I'm still unable to launch either MyDVD or Videowave 8, simply getting a small popup window stating "ERROR: Unable to setup video objects" with no other GUI...

PS: MyDVD Express (and all other EMC 8 applications) seems to work correctly.

What's wrong ?

As I have several other PCs running EMC 7.5, I can still use Videowave on those (apparently with no problem), but why am I absolutely unable to launch Videowave (and now also MyDVD) on mine ?

Can you please help ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

8 answers to this question

I had EMC 7.5 on my PC.

Videowave 7 NEVER worked (I had an error when launching VW7).

I recently purchased a EMC 8 suite.

I then completely uninstalled EMC 7, rebooted, and installed EMC 8 from scratch.

Finally, I upgraded EMC 8 to the very last 8.05 version.

Now, I'm still unable to launch either MyDVD or Videowave 8, simply getting a small popup window stating "ERROR: Unable to setup video objects" with no other GUI...

PS: MyDVD Express (and all other EMC 8 applications) seems to work correctly.

What's wrong ?

As I have several other PCs running EMC 7.5, I can still use Videowave on those (apparently with no problem), but why am I absolutely unable to launch Videowave (and now also MyDVD) on mine ?

Can you please help ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

List your computer specs.

List your computer specs.

Computer: Dell Optiplex GX270

CPU: Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz

RAM: 1Go

Disk: 80 Go

Video: nVidia GeForce FX5200

Audio: SoundMax integrated digital audio

Network: Intel Pro 1000 MT

DVD reader: JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD166

CD writer: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE8483B

If you are using windows XP I would suggest

1. Going to RUN

2. Type dxdiag

3. Click on display

4. IF video driver is old then to update it.

Hope this helps.

The video driver is the newest possible for my card (nVidia v84.21).

DirectX is also totally up-to-date.

Two requirements that are often overlooked are the requirements to have Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher on your computer. If you have the deluxe, make sure you have IE 6 or higher. Many people remove IE if they are using a different browser. No, I don't know why it is needed. Also try to adjust that video card to best performance and away from best appearance. What screen resolution are you using? Minimum is 1280 by 768. When you bought the computer, what video processing program came preloaded? Is it still there or did you remove it?

Actually it sound like you have a issue with your Windows Media Player or XP installation; perhaps a dll file that is corrupted. Try to install the latest version of WMP is 10. If it is a dll that is corrupted, you might try repair of XP.

Computer: Dell Optiplex GX270

CPU: Pentium 4 HT 3.0GHz

RAM: 1Go

Disk: 80 Go

Video: nVidia GeForce FX5200

Audio: SoundMax integrated digital audio

Network: Intel Pro 1000 MT

DVD reader: JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD166

CD writer: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE8483B

The video driver is the newest possible for my card (nVidia v84.21).

DirectX is also totally up-to-date.

Two requirements that are often overlooked are the requirements to have Windows Media Player 7.1 or higher and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher on your computer. If you have the deluxe, make sure you have IE 6 or higher. Many people remove IE if they are using a different browser. No, I don't know why it is needed. Also try to adjust that video card to best performance and away from best appearance. What screen resolution are you using? Minimum is 1280 by 768. When you bought the computer, what video processing program came preloaded? Is it still there or did you remove it?

Actually it sound like you have a issue with your Windows Media Player or XP installation; perhaps a dll file that is corrupted. Try to install the latest version of WMP is 10. If it is a dll that is corrupted, you might try repair of XP.

I have WMP v10.00.00.3802 (working perfectly) and IE 6.0 SP2.

I also have Netscape v8.1 for development purposes, but the default and working browser is IE.

My screen resolution is 1280*1024. Switching to a poor or better performance/quality has no effect.

I've completely reinstalled my PC (it has nothing to see with the factory base any more). What do you call "video processing program" ? Something to read DVDs for example ? I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVD.

Or the driver ? Of course, this last one has been upgraded many times since I bought the PC...

A corrupted DLL, yes why not ? But which one ??? I have no other problem with other software. Neither with XP itself, nor with WMP. Both are totally patched to whatever can be done. Therefore trying a repair could be worse than just having a simple application not working !

I have WMP v10.00.00.3802 (working perfectly) and IE 6.0 SP2.

I also have Netscape v8.1 for development purposes, but the default and working browser is IE.

My screen resolution is 1280*1024. Switching to a poor or better performance/quality has no effect.

I've completely reinstalled my PC (it has nothing to see with the factory base any more). What do you call "video processing program" ? Something to read DVDs for example ? I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVD.

Or the driver ? Of course, this last one has been upgraded many times since I bought the PC...

A corrupted DLL, yes why not ? But which one ??? I have no other problem with other software. Neither with XP itself, nor with WMP. Both are totally patched to whatever can be done. Therefore trying a repair could be worse than just having a simple application not working !

Here's a possible solution which works for me and many others

Hello to all of you encountering the problem of 'Unable to setup video objects' !

For me it was related to the regional settings in Control Panel (I've been searching for months on this problem...). When you change the decimal sign to , instead of . together with the . for grouping symbol for the English United States Standards and formats, then the error pops up.

When using these settings from decimal sign and grouping symbol in combination with United Kingdom standards and formats the application works fine.

So I hope everyone can now use it's DVD application (videowave) within Roxio EMC8.0 and up...

Greetings

Christophe

Archived