• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

papjoseph

Unable to burn a disc image ussing Toastlite 6.0.9

Question

Newbie with Toast. Burning disc image with iDVD5 works well but I like the subtlety of using a slower speed such as 2x which Toast claims. What is the correct procedure ? I have dragged the disc image in the contents section and only a copy of the disc image is recorded. What have I done wrong ? Will upgrade to 6.1 and meanwhile does anyone have an answer ? Thanks

6 answers to this question

Use the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window - not the Data window - to burn your disc image so that it is a playable DVD.

[using Toastlite <Recorder Settings < Record and still getting the img copy and burning only at 4X DVD.

Is this another way for us to upgrade to Toast 7 ?

[using Toastlite <Recorder Settings < Record and still getting the img copy and burning only at 4X DVD.

Is this another way for us to upgrade to Toast 7 ?

I don't understand the question. The way to burn disc images is to use the image file setting in the copy window. That works the same in Toast 6 and Toast 7. There are lots of reasons to upgrade to Toast 7 but your issue is not among them.

Toast Lite doesn't support image files. You need the full version of Toast for that.

Oops, sorry. I didn't know about that exception. Since this is a video DVD disc image you also could use Popcorn 2 instead of Toast.

Actually, that would be my Oops. Toast Lite 5 didn't have image file support. Toast 6 Lite will allow burning images, but will not create an image. I don't use Lite much, and forgot :-)

If you have an iDVD image, select Copy in Toast and then select Image File in the "Lite" tab. Add the iDVD image and it should work just fine.

Tsantee was correct originally.