Roxio Creator 2009 Video Converter To Dvd Burn

Jody9029

Question

I'm having trouble with the Roxio 2009 Special Edition Video Converter. I can load my WMV file in compilation, but when I try to convert it to a DVD format (NTSC) and burn a copy, it begins the process and then hangs up and freezes at 8% progress every time. Then the whole program just freezes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Virginia Girl

16 answers to this question

Then Save the VW Project and close.

Open MyDVD and Add the VW Project – Burn but select File and clear the checkmark by your burner.

If that works, close MyDVD and open Video Copy and Convert. Point it to the ISO file you just created and burn it to disc.

I suggest using a DVD RW disc at this point since you can erase them and reuse them. Great for testing!

Open MyDVD and Add the VW Project – Burn but select File and clear the checkmark by your burner.

If that works, close MyDVD and open Video Copy and Convert. Point it to the ISO file you just created and burn it to disc.

I suggest using a DVD RW disc at this point since you can erase them and reuse them. Great for testing!

Thanks, Jim. I'll try this and let you know how I progress.

Hey Jim, It worked. Thanks so much for all of your help. You were invaluable. Many thanks. What I want to know is why I couldn't just plug in the WMV file and have it convert to DVD format directly? It is just what I thought I could do. Thanks again.

Hey Jim, It worked. Thanks so much for all of your help. You were invaluable. Many thanks. What I want to know is why I couldn't just plug in the WMV file and have it convert to DVD format directly? It is just what I thought I could do. Thanks again.

Don't know… :huh:

Since one works and the other doesn't it points to a corruption in that program. Only fix is Clean Install procedure.

Question becomes do you want the work around or go through the procedure?

There is the possibility that something is amiss with that particular WMV file… Could try VideoWave to read it in and Export As a new WMV file to see if that works. Likewise you could try VCC with a couple more.

Don't know… :huh:

Since one works and the other doesn't it points to a corruption in that program. Only fix is Clean Install procedure.

Question becomes do you want the work around or go through the procedure?

There is the possibility that something is amiss with that particular WMV file… Could try VideoWave to read it in and Export As a new WMV file to see if that works. Likewise you could try VCC with a couple more.

In any event, Jim, many thanks to you. I tried it with two other files the way you suggested, and it worked both times. You've been a great help. I am often frustrated with Roxio and have purchased these products and upgraded for years and different versions. The support isn't good, and the programs are always full of unexplained freezes and hangups when first released. I think each version is produced for timed obsolescence. Oh well. Nero is good also, but is a bit more combersome.

Your are not paying attention to recent events… The last few versions got a grand total of ONE update in the year they were out.

Creator 2009 has been out 6 months and has had 3 updates issued! That is defiantly a change in support, let's give credit when credit is due.

I can convert WMV files all day long and never have a problem so can the vast majority of users. That indicates something in your files or your install.

If there were actually a program flaw in using WMV files don't you think someone would have mentioned it after 6 months?

Your are not paying attention to recent events… The last few versions got a grand total of ONE update in the year they were out.

Creator 2009 has been out 6 months and has had 3 updates issued! That is defiantly a change in support, let's give credit when credit is due.

I can convert WMV files all day long and never have a problem so can the vast majority of users. That indicates something in your files or your install.

If there were actually a program flaw in using WMV files don't you think someone would have mentioned it after 6 months?

Hey, wait a minute. Do you work for Roxio? How could I have a bad install when I just loaded the program recently when I purchased it and everything else works, and I've uploaded all updates? There were no updates issued for the problem I am having, but that doesn't mean that there aren't problems with the software and that the problem is mine. Perhaps others are not doing what I am with the program?

Hey, wait a minute. Do you work for Roxio? How could I have a bad install when I just loaded the program recently when I purchased it and everything else works, and I've uploaded all updates? There were no updates issued for the problem I am having, but that doesn't mean that there aren't problems with the software and that the problem is mine. Perhaps others are not doing what I am with the program?

There are no updates for "your problem" since there is no problem with the program. Two files work fine and the third doesn't? What does that suggest? I have converted over 50 wmv PAL files to NTSC and burned them to DVD and never once had the problem you are describing. Perhaps others are not doing what you are doing but until you describe exactly what you are doing its hard to try and duplicate. Of course we do not have your problem file either.

Have you loaded the file in Videowave and exported it as another wmv or other video format? Does that work?

There are no updates for "your problem" since there is no problem with the program. Two files work fine and the third doesn't? What does that suggest? I have converted over 50 wmv PAL files to NTSC and burned them to DVD and never once had the problem you are describing. Perhaps others are not doing what you are doing but until you describe exactly what you are doing its hard to try and duplicate. Of course we do not have your problem file either.

Have you loaded the file in Videowave and exported it as another wmv or other video format? Does that work?

No. All files worked fine when I followed a work-around to convert WMV files to DVD and burn when I followed directions for using MyDVD. What I wanted to do was to convert all of the WMV files I had into DVD and burn them to disc to play on tv. The VIDEO CONVERT to BURN is supposed to allow that to happen in one process. Instead, I had to go through MYDVD section of the program and first, create an image file and then burn that to DVD format. ALL OF MY WMV FILES WORKED WITH MyDVD section process, but NOT with any of the files trying to use the VIDEO CONVERT WMV (these same files) TO DVD BURN section of the program. According to the manual that came with my software (CREATOR 2009 SPECIAL EDITION), I am supposed to be able to do this. However, when I follow the process, the program freezes EVERY time at 8% into the process and won't proceed. Then, the whole program hangs up. This DOES NOT happen in the MyDVD section of the program. Have I explained the problem now?

No but you are dancing around the details quite nicely :lol:

Explain exactly where these files are from,

Then detail each step you take in VCC.

The files were originally downloaded from the internet, then converted from flv to wmv format with You Tube converter and then I wanted to use Roxio on these same files (WVM converted) in the Roxio Video Convert to DVD to burn them. I loaded the WMV file and then clicked on convert and burn to DVD and that's when the process froze up each time with each separate file at 8% progress in the process. These are the details of these files. Hope this clarifies. I just don't understand why it all would work in MyDVD but not in VIDEO CONVERT AND BURN.

Thank you Jody!

VW/MyDVD and VCC are 2 separate applications. That may explain why it works in one and not the other.

I see a couple of ways out of this…

Find a different converter for the flv files. Maybe a different one would produce a better file. --- <_< Question? Does the one you have, have the option to output in another format, like mpg or AVI?

You could open MyDVD and select a No Menu project and add the converted WMV files into it and Burn…

And you could do a Clean Install of Roxio but that is a lot of work when the other two suggestions should provide an amicable solution.

Thank you Jody!

VW/MyDVD and VCC are 2 separate applications. That may explain why it works in one and not the other.

I see a couple of ways out of this…

Find a different converter for the flv files. Maybe a different one would produce a better file. --- <_< Question? Does the one you have, have the option to output in another format, like mpg or AVI?

You could open MyDVD and select a No Menu project and add the converted WMV files into it and Burn…

And you could do a Clean Install of Roxio but that is a lot of work when the other two suggestions should provide an amicable solution.

Jim - I did a clean install of Roxio, but that didn't solve the problem, so maybe the problem isn't in Roxio but in the YouTube Converter? And yes, it does convert flv files to AVI and mpg. I did add the WMV converted files to MyDvd as a No Menu project, and then I could burn the files to DVD format. That worked perfectly for me. I just wanted to know why the Video Convert and Burn wouldn't work, as well, and freezes up each time I try any of these three files. I've never tried it on any other files yet. It just seemed a more direct approach as it required fewer steps. But for some reason, even after the clean install of Roxio, it acts the same as before.