• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Vhs To Dvd

Flanman

Question

:angry2: I am running XP. When trying to load VHS to DVD I keep getting a message saying that it was interrupted.

I advised this to Roxio via on-line help and have received a lot of guidance but everything suggested produces the same result.

Ultimate aim - to transfer around 20 Hi8 tapes to DVD.

At the end of my tether and about to return it to vendor - can anyone help me?

6 answers to this question

Install problems with VHS to DVD are rare but not unheard of… But the key is to know just what it says and at what point it occurs.

I will give you a few hoping the shotgun approach will save a little time…

One fix for rollbacks is – Here this file may or may not be present.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove any previous Roxio software. While there remove DirectX 9 and any .NET and .NET SP's.

Reboot and follow the instructions to the letter! Pay attention and jot down notes on what it is doing during the install.

Install problems with VHS to DVD are rare but not unheard of… But the key is to know just what it says and at what point it occurs.

I will give you a few hoping the shotgun approach will save a little time…

One fix for rollbacks is – Here this file may or may not be present.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove any previous Roxio software. While there remove DirectX 9 and any .NET and .NET SP's.

Reboot and follow the instructions to the letter! Pay attention and jot down notes on what it is doing during the install.

:angry2: Jim thanks for your time. Unfortunately still experiencing the same problem.

Feedback on your guidance is as follows;

- firstly the rollback link. there is no sign of dsetup.dll within system32. (the support page refers to Creator rather than Easy VHS to DVD, does that matter?)

- Next i removed .net framework 3.5 SP1 ok but there are two other .net references visible - .net framework 2.0 SP2 and .net framework 3.0 SP2. For both of these the following message appears "cannot be uninstalled because it will affect other applications that are installed. For more information see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=91126. Then when you click the OK it says fatal error during installation.

- I removed Direct X SDK (Nov 09).

- After rebooting i attempted the installation again. I inserted the Video Capture USB and then the disc (previously roxio support got me to transfer the disc content to my c drive but i used the disc this time.

The set up wizard appeared on the screen with the welcome to roxio set up message. I clicked the accept terms, entered my disc serial number and accepted the install location screen.

The status message says 'installing microsoft.net v 3.5 SP1' and the status bar is 1/3 of way across.

After a couple of minutes the status message changes to 'installing Easy VHS to DVD' and the bar moves to 2/3 of way across.

It stays like that for about 11 minutes and then a roxio box opens with the following message "roxy easy vhs to dvd set up was interrupted. your system has not been modified. to install this program at a later time please run the installation again. click the finish button to exit the wizard. there is no mention of rollback.

- that's everything.