Sign in to follow this  
qptress

Mydvd 10 On Vista - No Chapter Menus

Question

I recently installed MyDVD 10 Premiere on my new Dell running on Vista. It works fine with the exception that I can't get it to generate chapter menus anymore, just the Play Movie button. I looked in the help for it and it says, "If you want to create a submenu containing a button for each chapter, select the Generate chapter menu(s) and link to selected button check box." There is no place to select the Generate chapter menus.... HELP! I've created dozens of projects, I'm not new to this. I'm so frustrated!

3 answers to this question

I recently installed MyDVD 10 Premiere on my new Dell running on Vista. It works fine with the exception that I can't get it to generate chapter menus anymore, just the Play Movie button. I looked in the help for it and it says, "If you want to create a submenu containing a button for each chapter, select the Generate chapter menu(s) and link to selected button check box." There is no place to select the Generate chapter menus.... HELP! I've created dozens of projects, I'm not new to this. I'm so frustrated!

I know what you mean. I am a new user and installed it last week. On my very first project I successfully got it to auto-generate my submenus... Idont know how. it just did it.

Now on my 2nd project I get to where you are (above) and THERE IS NO CHECKBOX now. I've been jerking with it for 2 days now

without success.

Can anyone help us? Did you ever figure it out?

I know what you mean. I am a new user and installed it last week. On my very first project I successfully got it to auto-generate my submenus... Idont know how. it just did it.

Now on my 2nd project I get to where you are (above) and THERE IS NO CHECKBOX now. I've been jerking with it for 2 days now

without success.

Can anyone help us? Did you ever figure it out?

Before you select the 'Edit chapters' option for the movie, make sure that in the 'Project View' pane (lower left in MyDVD) that the 'Menus' tab is selected.

If the 'Movie' tab is selected first, then you do not get the chapter menu check box.

Before you select the 'Edit chapters' option for the movie, make sure that in the 'Project View' pane (lower left in MyDVD) that the 'Menus' tab is selected.

If the 'Movie' tab is selected first, then you do not get the chapter menu check box.

OK thanks! I just stumbled though and got the check box on my 2nd project but I didnt

learn why... until you just explaind what I happened to do...

I apprecite it.

So far i find this software to be VERY COUNTER-INTUITIVE. LOL