Missing Transitions With Software Render

Frega

Question

Hi,

I have the EXACT same problem - Changing over from HARDWARE Rending to SOFTWARE Rending (which, under the correct advice of Jim Hardin resolved my poor MPEG Verticle JITTER problem when creating Video Files in VIDEOWAVE), but now many of the TRANSITIONS are missing when playing the VIDEOWAVE pre-production as well as the Final Video Files created.

The BIG difference here is that I am using the ATI RADEON 9800 Video card in my Laptop, so this problem is NOT just for nVidia users.....there's something else going on here that we're all missing. This problem exists for both Creator 10 as well as CREATOR 2009 ULTIMATE.

What are the requirements of the Rendering Process that would cause a difference between HARDWARE Rendering and SOFTWARE Rendering? A better understanding of the entire process/system requirements may point to the cause of the problems we're encountering.

Any suggestions? Help!

Edited by Frega

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I have the EXACT same problem - Changing over from HARDWARE Rending to SOFTWARE Rending (which, under the correct advice of Jim Hardin resolved my poor MPEG Verticle JITTER problem when creating Video Files in VIDEOWAVE), but now many of the TRANSITIONS are missing when playing the VIDEOWAVE pre-production as well as the Final Video Files created.

The BIG difference here is that I am using the ATI RADEON 9800 Video card in my Laptop, so this problem is NOT just for nVidia users.....there's something else going on here that we're all missing. This problem exists for both Creator 10 as well as CREATOR 2009 ULTIMATE.

What are the requirements of the Rendering Process that would cause a difference between HARDWARE Rendering and SOFTWARE Rendering? A better understanding of the entire process/system requirements may point to the cause of the problems we're encountering.

Any suggestions? Help!

Your post has nothing to do with the thread that you hijacked.

With software render, you lose all 3-D transitions, and that is the problem you are experiencing.

If you have 2 systems and you are bouncing projects between the 2 you have to work to the lowest common denominator… In this case, your lap is the LCD so you will have to use Software Render on both.

Hardware utilizes the Video Card to perform some of the rendering and may speed things up. In one test I ran it took 4:20 to render a file with Hardware.

Same file took 5:04 with Software.

With a competing product that has very basic hardware requirements, it took 12 hours!