Dvd Produced Lacks Sound

Jim Upchurch

Question

4 answers to this question

I created a video compilation, putting 3 1.4 DVDs and burned onto one regular DVD+R. I burnded the dvd and it works with media player on my laptop, but when I put the DVD in the home player, it just has video and no sound. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Sorry, but you need to provide a lot more information on what programs, in the suite, you used, and what you did.

What are 1.4 DVDs? Are you talking about miniDVDs from a video camera?

Sorry, but you need to provide a lot more information on what programs, in the suite, you used, and what you did.

What are 1.4 DVDs? Are you talking about miniDVDs from a video camera?

Yes miniDVDs. I used the Video copy and convert. The video compilation tab. Added each miniDVD by clicking the add movie button. Once all three of the movies were listed, I did the burn buton with the format DVD.

A beginner here. THe DVD created. Works fine with sound in the PC watching on media player, but does not have sound in the home dvd player, tried two different ones. I did this on a laptop computer. The videos on the miniDVD are from a sony video camera that records in 5.1.

Audio is converted to AC3 and there are some Players that don't like it…

You should have a disc or 2 around of DVD RW – great for testing since you can reuse them.

The TEST:

Open MyDVD (Create Video – Advanced) Click File – Project Settings – Click the checkmark by Fit to Disc (activates the Audio portion). Then click the drop arrow for Audio Format and select LPCM. Click OK

Now, Add New Movie. If you don't have a video clip at hand, grab one of your mini discs and point to that.

This is a test so keep it simple, bring in one movie and Burn.

Try the disc.

post-39730-1235733328.jpg

Audio is converted to AC3 and there are some Players that don't like it…

You should have a disc or 2 around of DVD RW – great for testing since you can reuse them.

The TEST:

Open MyDVD (Create Video – Advanced) Click File – Project Settings – Click the checkmark by Fit to Disc (activates the Audio portion). Then click the drop arrow for Audio Format and select LPCM. Click OK

Now, Add New Movie. If you don't have a video clip at hand, grab one of your mini discs and point to that.

This is a test so keep it simple, bring in one movie and Burn.

Try the disc.

post-39730-1235733328.jpg

This worked. Thank you sooo much for your help.