• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toastanywhere - So Frustrating!

ejstubbs

Question

I've been struggling to get ToastAnywhere working for some time now, basically ever since I upgraded my Macs to OS X 10.5.6.

The other night I thought I'd made a breakthrough. I went in to System Preferences and deleted Toast completely from the list of allowed applications. I then restarted Toast on the iMac (where the DVD burner is) and set sharing to "started". A dialogue box popped up asking if I wanted to allow incoming connections to Toast. I clicked "allow" and lo and behold: the DVD burner appeared in the drive list for Toast on my MacBook! So it looked like it was a firewall problem all along.

Except that it stopped working again after I reboooted both machines. I changed nothing, just restarted. I have since tried the same firewall trick again on both machines but with no success. I did try turning off the firewalls altogether and the MacBook's CD burner appeared in the drive list for Toast on the iMac. But I don't want to run without a firewall, and in any case it's the iMac's drive I want the MacBook to see, not the other way round.

I am convinced now that it is a firewall problem, but even so I don't seem to be any closer to a permanent fix.

I have to admit to finding this all just a trifle annoying.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet