• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
coriscapnskip

How Can I Get The Bloody Update?

Question

8 answers to this question

Every time I open Toast, it says update 7.1.3 is available. Then when I try to get it, it won't complete the download and says it again the next time. :angry:

Make it stop. Please. :(

Go to preferences and under General tab change "Automatically Check For Updates".

Okay, this has been going on for some time. I don't hardly use Toast as everything connected with it is so excruciatingly difficult. I didn't want to touch it till I can have my Mac completely upgraded, but I have run into a problem as a videotape I am trying to convert won't play well on my VHS-to-DVD converter so I have to try it the hard way. When I click on the update, it doesn't start, but takes me to the Roxio website. I can't even FIND a Toast 7.1.3 update there! It looks as if I contacted support about this before and they said this:

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

In order to resolve the issue please try the following steps:

-Update Mac

-Clear the browser cache

-In case you are using Netbarrier:

1. Open NetBarrier

2. Switch off the data-secure function and allow Roxio to show your last visit internet site

-Also make sure the firewall is not creating the issue

-You are directly connected to the internet

I don't even understand what the first four steps MEAN. The fifth step, I'm pretty sure I don't have a firewall but I've updated this Mac so many times who even knows. I do know it automatically connects to the internet when I turn it on.

Perhaps I really will have to wait until I can upgrade the Mac enough to handle Toast 8, to resolve this issue.

Edited by coriscapnskip

I don't know what it means, either. If you are having the endless circle when trying to get to the update download then try with Firefox instead of Safari. Also be sure not to have any speed download utility active and that you have cookies enabled.

I don't know what it means, either. If you are having the endless circle when trying to get to the update download then try with Firefox instead of Safari. Also be sure not to have any speed download utility active and that you have cookies enabled.

Thanks, oh great guru Tsantee. I was afraid I was missing something elementarily vital there. Thanks to Firefox, the download is now stalled at a more advanced level than with Safari. I got so far as to actually attempt it, when it said "DapPlugin is unable to locate Download Accelerator Plus. Please launch DAP to continue." So I downloaded Download Accelerator Plus. When I clicked on the icon, it opened iTunes, so I assume it did *something*, but every time I try to download the Toast 7 update it gives me the same message--to launch the thing. I dragged the Download Accelerator Plus icon into my Applications folder but it does not seem to have helped matters any.

Thanks, oh great guru Tsantee. I was afraid I was missing something elementarily vital there. Thanks to Firefox, the download is now stalled at a more advanced level than with Safari. I got so far as to actually attempt it, when it said "DapPlugin is unable to locate Download Accelerator Plus. Please launch DAP to continue." So I downloaded Download Accelerator Plus. When I clicked on the icon, it opened iTunes, so I assume it did *something*, but every time I try to download the Toast 7 update it gives me the same message--to launch the thing. I dragged the Download Accelerator Plus icon into my Applications folder but it does not seem to have helped matters any.

Delete Dap Plugin and then you should be able to download Toast 7.

Edited by lakewoodlawnman

Delete Dap Plugin and then you should be able to download Toast 7.

HA! THANKS! THAT worked! It's downloading now! What's more, I found my earlier question was not for 7.1.3 but for when I had the same problem downloading 7.1.2. That time, I went by trial and error 15 or 20 times till SOMETHING worked--but I never understood what I had done different or better than any other time.