Installation Problems

Cactuscarver

Question

I have tried to follow all of the suggestions given on installing Easy VHS to DVD. I have uninstalled all Roxio Software on my computer. I have run Clean Up and Defraged my C: drive. I have secured my firewall and virus checker. I have no other applications running that I am aware of. I install Easy VHS To DVD and receive no error messages. After the computer is restarted following installation, the program is not listed in Srart , All Programs and there is no icon on the desktop. The file is on my C: drive under programs. I have been unable to locate an executable file to start the program. Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file that starts Easy VHS to DVD? If anyone has any suggestions on what I am doing wrong, they would be greatly appreciated. I am running Vista Premium Home Edition on a HP a611n Desktop w/ AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.3 Ghz with 2 gig of ram.

Edited by Cactuscarver

1 answer to this question

Cactuscarver,

On my Vista Home Premium [32bit] there is an icon post-208-1235855397.jpg on the desktop, and an entry in the Start > All Programs list post-208-1235855637.jpg

The executable the icon points to is at "C:\Program Files\Roxio Easy VHS to DVD\Roxio Central 4\RoxioCentralFx.exe" and it starts in the Roxio Central 4 folder, however I'm not sure that this information will help you because the suite can't have installed properly.

Is there an entry in the Control Panel > Programs and Features menu to allow you to uninstall and try again?