• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Copy Protection Error Message

Anchorman68

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi, I am having problems trying to play back commercial DVD with Cine Player. I get an error message stating that cineplayer failed to play back protected content. The DVD will play with Windows Media Center. This is with Windows Vista Premium. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Is it a regular DVD, or a Blu-Ray disc?

CinePlayer has no problems with commercial DVDs, but it won't play commercial Blu-Ray discs.

Is it a regular DVD, or a Blu-Ray disc?

CinePlayer has no problems with commercial DVDs, but it won't play commercial Blu-Ray discs.

It's a regular DVD. It will not play with media player either. I get the same message when I try to use media player. I would think that media center uses media player but maybe not.

It's a regular DVD. It will not play with media player either. I get the same message when I try to use media player. I would think that media center uses media player but maybe not.

Okay, I just figured it out! I have my Flat panel LCD TV hooked up to my computer and cloned from my desktop. After I disabled it in Catalyst Control Center I could play my DVD in Media Player and Cine Player. I don't know if the problem is because I had a monitor and a TV hooked up to the video card or because the TV is being identified as a Generic Non PnP monitor in device manager.