• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
manchtrash

Change Output Location Of A/v Converter Gadget

Question

Just wanted to know if there was a way to change the output folder location of the Audio/Video Converter Vista gadget from Roxio EMC 10. Great way to convert files but I don't like the location of the folder (there's no My ... anything anymore in Vista and I want it inside the Videos folder), and it always reappears when i delete it then restart the computer. Any suggetsions?

11 answers to this question

I can't remember but if you go to the upper right of the gadget and see the little wrench symbol is it an option you can change there?

Thanks for the quick reply but that wrench will just change the file output (wmv, h264, psp, etc). But after further tinkering, dragging the file I want converted into the A/VCapture Gadget will convert it into the same folder as the original. So I guess the question now becomes what Roxio EMC 10 app creates that My Converted Files folder in the Users folder? And how can I stop it from automatically creating that folder?

Manchtrash,

There's only one Vista Gadget in Easy Media Creator 10 that I know of, and that's the Easy Audio Capture Gadget.

post-208-1236081731.jpg

This is an audio capture gadget, and doesn't handle video, so what application/menu item are you asking about, please?

The EMC 10 Suite that I purchased had 2 gadgets, the Audio CAPTURE and the Audio/Video CONVERTER. I only use the A/VConverter. It's the top gadget. Your Capture gadget is on the bottom.

6251-sidebargadgets.jpg

Guess the Converter converts the file into the same folder as the original, so my question now becomes what EMC 10 program creates this dang My Converted Files folder in the User Directory? Maybe I'll start a new post focusing on that question. I thought it was that gadgets' fault. Unless it still is?

Thanks for that info. I found it.

To change the directory where the converted files are saved, click the target selector [that little blue triangle on the left] and choose Convert to folder

post-208-1236131760.jpg

Then click the monkey wrench and select the audio or video target, and the folder to save to. This folder is My Converted Files by default.

post-208-1236131977.jpg

I think that together we've answered your question, and I've learned some more by doing it hands-on.

Thank you.

Brendon

Edited by Brendon

To change the directory where the converted files are saved, click the target selector [that little blue triangle on the left] and choose Convert to folder

Then click the monkey wrench and select the audio or video target, and the folder to save to. This folder is My Converted Files by default.

Brendon

So there were more hidden menus!!! That solution fixed it, no more My Converted Files folder in my user directory! Thanks!

Manchtrash

So there were more hidden menus!!!

Yup, it seems nothing is meant to be obvious, Grasshopper :lol:

Well maybe not all's well that seems to end well. I rebooted and the setting on the A/VConverter gadget went back to Simple Convert (that orange arrow) and I got the My Converted Files folder again in my user directory. Any hints?

Sorry, no - no more hints.

Vista closes my sidebar when I restart Windows, and doesn't reopen the sidebar when Windows returns.

I have to go through the Help and Support system to get the sidebar open since there's no Sidebar icon in the tray, and when it brings up the gadgets finally the Audio/Video Converter gadget has been initialized back to default settings.

Perhaps that's why Sonic dropped gadgets from EMC 11 [Creator 2009] ?? :(

The Audio/Video converter is reached from a menu item "Drag and Drop Convert" [just to confuse] and is called "SyncIt!" in EMC 11. You have the choice of converting to Folder or to any detected portable devices, and destination folder is "My Converted Files" or the same folder as the source file. EAC is also an applet rather than a sidebar gadget.

Brendon

Perhaps that's why Sonic dropped gadgets from EMC 11 [Creator 2009] ?? :(

I was always taught 11 came after 10.

Thanks for help. My Sidebar always restarts, not sure if the settings on them change though because I don't need to change any settings on the other gadgets.

Anyone else want to try to help me find out how to get rid of this My Converted Files in my User directory without stopping the A/VConverter Gadget?

If it's any help, I found the Easy Audio Converter gadget would hold its settings right through a reboot of Windows. It's only the A/V convertor that gets re-initialized every time, and it's that initialization which recreates the 'My Converted Files' folder.

Good luck.

Regards,

Brendon