• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Distorted sound in Slide Show Assistant

hanknyc

Question

I am trying to assemble a slideshow and have been using Slideshow Assistant. The visuals work fine but the sound is horribly distorted. I tried doing the show in Videowave with the same bad audio results.

I have tried several different format sound files, wma, wav, mp3. Same disasterous audio results with all of them. Those files play fine on my computer and sound just fine in competing slide programs like Adobe Photoshop Album.

I'm hoping someone has an answer. I'm up against a deadline. Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I am trying to assemble a slideshow and have been using Slideshow Assistant. The visuals work fine but the sound is horribly distorted. I tried doing the show in Videowave with the same bad audio results.

I have tried several different format sound files, wma, wav, mp3. Same disasterous audio results with all of them. Those files play fine on my computer and sound just fine in competing slide programs like Adobe Photoshop Album.

I'm hoping someone has an answer. I'm up against a deadline. Thanks.

More than likely, your burned production will not have the distorted sound. The distorted sound happens sometimes, with onboard sound cards. You can go to Start/Run and type in dxdiag. Once it opens, you can slide the sound acceration slider to the left, under the Sound tab. See if that helps.

Then, update the drivers for your sound card (chip).

Archived