Toast V 10.01 Won't Write Track Titles To Burned Cd

juangringo

Question

Just purchased Toast 10 and upgrade immediately to v 10.01.

When I burn a CD, the track titles don't show up on the disk.

I checked "add CD text," but still doesn't show the CD text.

The guy said well the track titles are really there, but you just can't see them (wonderful) unless you go to "Disk Info."

Yes I can see them there, but I just want to burn a normal CD like one I would purchase in the store and see the stupid track titles.

I realize that some CD players may not read CD text, but I'm just trying to see it on a computer. I tried my MAC and other Windows computers at my office, but still no enchilada.

Only shows "track 1, track 2," etc.

I am running MAC OS v 10.4.11.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Not sure about the media player in a Mac but Windows Media Player does not natively display CD-Text.You need a plug in or some other player that does display CD-Text.

Unless you have a player that will display it and it doesn't then you can't be sure the text is not there.

If you want to check out the plug-in for WMP you can get it here.

Not sure about the media player in a Mac but Windows Media Player does not natively display CD-Text.You need a plug in or some other player that does display CD-Text.

Unless you have a player that will display it and it doesn't then you can't be sure the text is not there.

If you want to check out the plug-in for WMP you can get it here.

Thanks for the reply--the thing I still don't understand is why WMP, itunes, etc. display the track titles for commercial CD's--without any extra plugins, etc. (?)

Thanks for the reply--the thing I still don't understand is why WMP, itunes, etc. display the track titles for commercial CD's--without any extra plugins, etc. (?)

Your Mac doesn't read CD Text from any audio CD. What it does is read the CDinfo database file on the Mac where it looks for a match of a CD that has the same number and lengths of tracks as the one you inserted. Apple only lets iTunes and the Mac OS write to the CDinfo database file, so Toast does not modify this file when it burns an audio CD.

You can get the CD Text to CDinfo applescript from dougscripts.com which will automatically transfer the CD Text info from the CD to iTunes which writes the info to the CDinfo database file. Otherwise you need to manually enter the info in iTunes.

If you have a CD you are planning to distribute you also can upload your track info to the online CDDB which the Mac and iTunes use to download info when unrecognized CDs are inserted. Toast and iTunes both can upload to CDDB. You need to eject and reinsert a burned audio CD before you can upload to CDDB.

Edited by tsantee