• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Hangs When Ripping

Pleides

Question

I recently loaded Creator 2009 (along with SP3) and have had very little success with ripping. If I do get it to work it is only after I have rebooted several times. Even when it does work the performance is very slow.

I have a dual-core 3.4G processor. 2G RAM, correctly sized paging file, WinXP SP3 and I keep up to date with all windows patches. I also have Fix-it utilities as my virus scan software. In addition I have a wide variety of other programs loaded on my system that run as services ( e.g. iTunes, Norton Ghost).

Based on what I have seen in other threads it appears that .net framework 3.5 SP1 may be part of the problem, but having that SP installed is not an option since I'm also a Visual Studio 2008 developer.

Is this a problem that others have seen? Are there any known solutions? So far I'm very disappointed that I spent the money to buy Creator 2009 to replace Easy CD Creator 7 which had been working find and delivered excellent performance, but which is now several years old and I decided it was time to upgrade to a current release. If I cannot solve this problem then I'll need to revert to the older version, but in that case I just wasted my money purchasing the most current release.

2 answers to this question

No, never heard of any problem with 2009 and Ripping… I do it all the time on 2 XP computers.

The .NET 3.5 SP1 is only a problem for installing. – delete it when installing, install and apply Roxio's SP3 and it will update .NET 3.5 to SP1.

Roxio's SP3 came out in January 09, so don't confuse any fuss about .NET in postings prior to the fix. Actually it was fixed in SP2 of December 08.

There are 3 programs that Rip, being a programmer I would have thought you would have supplied the program name!

In any case you are down to trying the alternative programs or doing a Clean Install.

For the Clean Install, I would delete .NET 2, 3 & 3.5. Then check it out after you apply Rox SP3.

I've tried the clean install after removing .net 3.5, but not with removing .net and .net 3.0. I suppose I can give that a try.

I'm new to Creator 2009. My previous version was Creator 7, so Creator 2009 is quite a bit difference.

MusicDiscCreator11.exe works fine.

RxMultiCDImport11.exe works fine.

Importing with SoundEdit11.exe works fine.

Some experiments show that if I stop a bunch of the services that are running on my system that the Rip that is run from the "Rip" icon on the main screen - the one with the graphic the looks like a CD which shows the percentage ripped along with an orange line that progresses around the outside of the cd graphic - will begin to work. I've been experimenting today and I have found that if I just take a shotgun approach and close down a bunch of service that I can live without for the sake of experiemnts then the rip works. I've been stopping the Norton Ghost service, the iPod helper service, Windows time service, User Profile Hive Cleanup, System Restore Service, Symantic Service (associated with Norton Ghost) and SlingagentService (used with SlingBox). So it is either one or a combination of those that is causing the problem.

No, never heard of any problem with 2009 and Ripping… I do it all the time on 2 XP computers.

The .NET 3.5 SP1 is only a problem for installing. – delete it when installing, install and apply Roxio's SP3 and it will update .NET 3.5 to SP1.

Roxio's SP3 came out in January 09, so don't confuse any fuss about .NET in postings prior to the fix. Actually it was fixed in SP2 of December 08.

There are 3 programs that Rip, being a programmer I would have thought you would have supplied the program name!

In any case you are down to trying the alternative programs or doing a Clean Install.

For the Clean Install, I would delete .NET 2, 3 & 3.5. Then check it out after you apply Rox SP3.