• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Which Product Works Best?

wranglers

Question

I am still confused. I need to convert VHS (and camcorder home movies) to a digital format that can be backed up on a hard drive. I also want to be able to edit the material and make DVDs as I please from the digital back-up. Will VHS to DVD best meet my needs, or do I need a different product?

4 answers to this question

If you are capturing from analog camcorder then the capture device and software should work. If capturing from a digital camcorder you will need a Firewire connection for tape. For other types of digital camcorders (DVD, hard drive or memory card) you do not need any extra device.

If you are planning to make extensive editing to your captured video, you might be better off getting the full Roxio Creator 2009 package. VHS2DVD is only a subset of the full suite.

Will VHS2DVD allow me to keep the files on my hard drive (so that I can pick and choose what to burn on my DVD), or can I only burn straight to a DVD?

Will VHS2DVD allow me to keep the files on my hard drive (so that I can pick and choose what to burn on my DVD), or can I only burn straight to a DVD?

It can do that. It has the normal capture program which creates a file in AVI or mpeg format.

And an Editor…

And a DVD Movie Authoring program…

It lacks a full Audio Editor and Label maker as well as anything to do with a data disc. Otherwise it is an excellent package for the price!

Order it from Roxio and you have 30 days to return it.

If the camcorder is tape, then the gadget will work - if not, then you use a firewire connection for anything else

There have been problems with old cassette tapes (where there was drop out in the recording) as the system read that as the Macrovision protection and stopped copying

I am still confused. I need to convert VHS (and camcorder home movies) to a digital format that can be backed up on a hard drive. I also want to be able to edit the material and make DVDs as I please from the digital back-up. Will VHS to DVD best meet my needs, or do I need a different product?

If you are capturing from analog camcorder then the capture device and software should work. If capturing from a digital camcorder you will need a Firewire connection for tape. For other types of digital camcorders (DVD, hard drive or memory card) you do not need any extra device.

If you are planning to make extensive editing to your captured video, you might be better off getting the full Roxio Creator 2009 package. VHS2DVD is only a subset of the full suite.

Archived