Roxio Easy Cd Creator 5 (basic) Vs. Avg 8

zapped

I have read all the info I could find regarding problems with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 (basic) and error messages trying to install AVG 8.0. I found links listed in the replies that took me to Roxio's main website (to update my software) and found 'fixes' that did not work. After 4 days of researching this topic and all links, patches, etc., I sent an e-mail to Roxio Support. Their reply stated that Easy CD Creator 5 is a 'legacy' and I have to update my software. I choose not to do this so I am going with another antivirus program instead.

If you really really want that horrible free AVG 8 program, you need to update the CDR4 module to one that AVG won't moan and whinge about. This Roxio download will do that.

However I think you've made the right decision to ditch AVG. It seems to alarm with a lot of false positives and I don't consider it the most reliable antivirus program.

• 3 weeks later...
If you really really want that horrible free AVG 8 program, you need to update the CDR4 module to one that AVG won't moan and whinge about. This Roxio download will do that.

However I think you've made the right decision to ditch AVG. It seems to alarm with a lot of false positives and I don't consider it the most reliable antivirus program.

Digital Guru.

you should heed your own tag line....

I actualy run AVG 8 Free and get NO false positives.

That's why I've decided to ditch Roxio rather than ditch AVG.

Cherrio!

Digital Guru.

you should heed your own tag line....

I actualy run AVG 8 Free and get NO false positives.

That's why I've decided to ditch Roxio rather than ditch AVG.

Cherrio!

RandyJaimie,

I have run AVG 8 on several systems over varying periods of time, and I gave it up because it was so unreliable and other AV programs were better. If you've had no false positives it's probably because you haven't had much different software on your system. If you want to ditch Roxio rather than update the CDR4 module, I guess you paid the same amount for it as you paid for AVG.

You can stick your head in the sand all you want but remember if you do that, the other end sticks up in the air and any virus/trojan coming past will be free to have its way with you.

Your choice.