• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Report When Importing Avchd In My Dvd

Tony Greer

Question

creator 2009, SP3 on Windows XP Pro, SP3. Making AVCHD on DVD project (no menus). Importing .Mov files taken with 1080p HD Camcorder. Only tiny file (78mb) as using this as a test run.

Have tried buring to disc and to iso image. Have also tried this on 2 machines

P4 3.0ghz (Dual Core), 2gb Ram, 256mb Nvidia GeForce

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz, 4gb ram, Nvidia 256mb video

Tried with hardware and software rendering.

Each time I ask the software to burn, it goes through the preparation process, gets to 100% and then reports "failure to import media in authorscript. Error while importing media"

Having seen so many similar reports of failures I'm now wondering if it is a SP3 issue.

I did also see in a support post that XP may need a driver?

Any suggestions welcomed. Am going to try loading Creator on different laptop but no adding SP3.

10 answers to this question

I don't think it has anything to do with Roxio's SP3…

Simple test for you. New Project – AVCHD No Menus

Add 2 still pictures you have and burn to file (ISO)

What happens?

But camcorders don't seem to be bothered by conforming to Standards they set… We see far more problems from non-standard files than anything else!

What is your camcorder and how are you getting the files from it to your PC? – Have you used the software that came with it?

I don't think it has anything to do with Roxio's SP3…

Simple test for you. New Project – AVCHD No Menus

Add 2 still pictures you have and burn to file (ISO)

What happens?

But camcorders don't seem to be bothered by conforming to Standards they set… We see far more problems from non-standard files than anything else!

What is your camcorder and how are you getting the files from it to your PC? – Have you used the software that came with it?

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Tried the 2 photos and it worked fine so I downloaded a couple of Hi Def videos in Mpeg 2 and Mpeg 4 and tried them - and they worked. mported fine and burned to .iso fine. Then put onto disc (by double clicking on the .iso file) and that would not play in my Sony Blu Ray player - AAARRRGGGHHHH

So then I tried burning the projects straight to disc (cutting out the .iso step) and it worked great - so did I do something wrong at the .iso stage?? Should I have burned the image in another way??

My video recorder is fairly cheap - got it from maplin http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=226577 but I wanted to use it to see how good the output would be before committing good money to a 3CCD version.

Looks like output format is just as important! The output is H.264 (MOV). Any suggestions as to what standard I should look for?

I love a challenge - this reminds me of when we started backing up DVDs for our autistic son (who had a habit of biting them) and you almost needed a slide rule to work out bit rates etc - long before the likes of DVD copy etc.

Now you want me to embarrass myself :o Oh well, not the first time!

I don't have any HiDef or Blu-Ray sources! All of my experiments are using the normal mundane video and some 4 & 10 megapixel stills from my cameras.

Steve & Gary have deeper pockets than I, so perhaps they will be willing to advise you on what things to look for…

I am interested in the failed ISO attempt… Let me make a test and see what happens on my Sony BD player. I'll post the results.

Well I neglected to mention the Cheap Gene that has plagued me all my life…

I created an ISO and found that double clicking brings the Home app, Burn Disc Image to life.

That is just as well because the preferred method is Video Copy and Covert but it refuses to recognize a AVCHD ISO file…

So Burn Disc Image it is and it produce a sharp HQ DVD that played on my Blu-Ray Player.

Well I neglected to mention the Cheap Gene that has plagued me all my life…

I created an ISO and found that double clicking brings the Home app, Burn Disc Image to life.

That is just as well because the preferred method is Video Copy and Covert but it refuses to recognize a AVCHD ISO file…

So Burn Disc Image it is and it produce a sharp HQ DVD that played on my Blu-Ray Player.

Hmmm - I tried it again and got nowhere. My Sony is the BDP350 and it just says that the disc is unknown.

You're right about Video Copy & Convert not recognising the AVCHD iso file. Spent a while trying to get it to work after reading your reply to another users query about the same thing.

I'm assuming you created an iso with a AVCHD file?

Also, my computer won't recognise the DVD's once they are written to - is there a driver required, as suggested on one of your posts (i'm using XP Pre SP3).

Finally, I keep seing links to other pages on your responses (possibly linked jpegs) but when I try to jump to that page it says I don't have permission??

I didn't see a brand name for the camcorder. Any place where we can download sample files to see if we get the same error?

Deep pockets? LOL My Canon HV20 was only $375 and I don't have Bluray player yet. :)

Hi

I've taken a 5 second clip but it's about 9mb - can post it to a newsgroup or maybe you have somewhere I can send it?

Could split with winRar or WinZip?

Thanks

Try Rapidshare or YouSendIt. You can post files up to 100MB for free on those.

Tony - Also check to see if there are any firmware upgrades for your Bluray player. I've read through the DVDit HD forum and sometimes firmware upgrades do help.

I looked at Sony's website and the BDP350 seems to be only available in Brazil. Is that where you are located? I can't read Spanish so can't tell if there is a firmware upgrade. LOL

Edited by ggrussell

Hmmm - I tried it again and got nowhere. My Sony is the BDP350 and it just says that the disc is unknown.

You're right about Video Copy & Convert not recognising the AVCHD iso file. Spent a while trying to get it to work after reading your reply to another users query about the same thing.

I'm assuming you created an iso with a AVCHD file?

Also, my computer won't recognise the DVD's once they are written to - is there a driver required, as suggested on one of your posts (i'm using XP Pre SP3).

Finally, I keep seing links to other pages on your responses (possibly linked jpegs) but when I try to jump to that page it says I don't have permission??

CinePlayer will play it but XP will not even read the disc unless you have some drivers to allow it to read that disc structure…

Vista will and if you could examine the burned DVD you would find it looks like this:

post-39730-1236372730.jpg

The BDMV + its' subfolders and Sonic.

I use MyDVD to create the AVCHD project and to Burn to ISO. – You did say that you could burn to disc directly so the ISO would not really be required.