CD write error

fly_sd

Question

I've just started getting the 03/0C/00 write error (having not burned any CDs for about a year). Using discs from the same pack that I was using successfully last year. Checked the DMA settings - all looks good. Since it was working with this media before does it mean that the writer is dying. I have tried about 4 CDs - all with the same result. 3 of them completed and then gave the error at the end - one did it about 75% of the way so one of the files never got written properly.

1 answer to this question

I've just started getting the 03/0C/00 write error (having not burned any CDs for about a year). Using discs from the same pack that I was using successfully last year. Checked the DMA settings - all looks good. Since it was working with this media before does it mean that the writer is dying. I have tried about 4 CDs - all with the same result. 3 of them completed and then gave the error at the end - one did it about 75% of the way so one of the files never got written properly.

Many times this error has been fixed with a firmware upgrade but if your system was working before, I'm not sure that's the problem. Maybe it's a buffer problem or a dirty drive or, as you say, a drive going south.

Do a system defrag, reboot and try again.

Also, please list your system specs.

Archived