• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator Clasic 8 Compression problem

marktlewis

Question

I am using Creator clasic 8 updated to to most recent version to create a data DVD. I select the property to use compression and when I restore the files using Retrieve one of the files being written does not restore to its original size. The file being saved is 500 MB and when it is restored it is only 144 MB. I tried just saving the one file on a different dvd disc and I get the same result. I think there is a problem with the compression program for some files. When I save the files not using compression I do not have a problem. Is anybody else having a problem using compression in creator clasic 8?

2 answers to this question

I am using Creator clasic 8 updated to to most recent version to create a data DVD. I select the property to use compression and when I restore the files using Retrieve one of the files being written does not restore to its original size. The file being saved is 500 MB and when it is restored it is only 144 MB. I tried just saving the one file on a different dvd disc and I get the same result. I think there is a problem with the compression program for some files. When I save the files not using compression I do not have a problem. Is anybody else having a problem using compression in creator clasic 8?

Well, it sure sounds like there's a problem. To be honest, I'd never even noticed the option to "Enable compression" before. What is the file type of the file that's causing problems? Also, is it reasonable to expect it to compress down to that size (144 MB)? To test, what happens if you "zip" the file, does it compress down into that range?

My opinion for compression on a Data disc (CD or DVD) would generally be not to do it. Or, if I wanted to do that, I'd create .ZIP files first, using some "standard" tools, and write those.

Let us know more about the file that's causing problems.

Archived