• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File too large to burn to disc...

doindy21

Question

Please Help Me!

I have burned many of my home movies to DVD before, however this one will not allow me to save the image file before I burn. The message says to remove titles or lower quality. I have tried both, and even went so far as to only have one file left! It still says file too large! Why??? I am getting so frustrated! I have tried everything! I know there are some smart cookies out there that are thinking to themselves, "well that's easy to correct"! I need your smarts right now! Thank you so much! Alissa

Yes!!! That is the error message! So, I should just press yes. Now, you said to use the disc copier to burn to the disc. Where exactly do I find that? Also, the first question you asked... the thumbnail says Roxio DMSD. Where do I find the information you need? Thanks!

Yes!!! That is the error message! So, I should just press yes. Now, you said to use the disc copier to burn to the disc. Where exactly do I find that? Also, the first question you asked... the thumbnail says Roxio DMSD. Where do I find the information you need? Thanks!

If you have the full version of EMC 7.5, you can load Disc Copier from the EMC 7.5 Home Page

post-103-1147812429.jpg

If the thumbnail has the extension dmsd then its a DVD Builder project file, not an actual video file. It contains all the instructions needed to create your video for DVD. You could simply double click on the dmsd file and DVD Builder should open and load the dmsd file. You then click burn to get to the Burn dialog page. Uncheck burn to DVD (or disc), check create image file, select the image file name and location, perhaps set some other options under advanced settings and then click Burn. Your iso image file should be created (after selecting Yes for the warning). You then use DiscCopier to burn that iso file to a DVD.

Ok, so surprise!!! I am back again with the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, in addition to deleting all of my video editing and captures. I started out fresh just to get the same message. I looked on my hard drive to see how much space I have available. It said 32.39 GB. The file I am trying to save is 142 KB. I also tried deleting some material from it to lower it to 109 KB, with no such luck. I even took off more to make it 76KB. I don't get it and I am getting frustrated. I am determined to get this figured out! Please help me! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so surprise!!! I am back again with the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, in addition to deleting all of my video editing and captures. I started out fresh just to get the same message. I looked on my hard drive to see how much space I have available. It said 32.39 GB. The file I am trying to save is 142 KB. I also tried deleting some material from it to lower it to 109 KB, with no such luck. I even took off more to make it 76KB. I don't get it and I am getting frustrated. I am determined to get this figured out! Please help me! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

It may sound crazy, but I think that you need to check for viruses. There is no way that you have a movie clip that is only 142 KB. The saved .DMSM file alone, in VideoWave would be larger than that.

If you have the full version of EMC 7.5, you can load Disc Copier from the EMC 7.5 Home Page

If the thumbnail has the extension dmsd then its a DVD Builder project file, not an actual video file. It contains all the instructions needed to create your video for DVD. You could simply double click on the dmsd file and DVD Builder should open and load the dmsd file. You then click burn to get to the Burn dialog page. Uncheck burn to DVD (or disc), check create image file, select the image file name and location, perhaps set some other options under advanced settings and then click Burn. Your iso image file should be created (after selecting Yes for the warning). You then use DiscCopier to burn that iso file to a DVD.

Needless to say, I think that another picture is needed here.

post-81-1147816381.jpg

I agree with Bruce, if it's not a virus, something else is wrong. No video file is that small. Most jpeg files are larger than that!

I would most definitely start the video project over again.

I really appreciate the feedback!! I have another question. Is there a chance that I am looking in the wrong place to se the size of the file I am trying to describe to you guys? I stayed up until 3:30 last night trying to redo everything and I am getting more frustrated by the second. The way I looked it up was by going to my videos, finding the video project I wanted info on, and right clicked on properties. Is that the correct way to do it? I am running all of my drive cleaner, spybot type programs right now to check out the possibility of a virus problem. Thanks again! Alissa

Guest mlpasley

Other things to try before you start the project again......

- Defragment your hard drive.

- Did you build these projects in VideoWave? If so, go to Tools\ Options\ File Control and delete the preview files. (This probably doesn't have anything to do with the problem, but it's good routine maintenance.)

- In VideoWave, do a File\ Output production to......choose Video File for DVD authoring, Best. If there is something wrong with the movie itself, the rendering will freeze at the time there is a problem with the storyline.

- If you can output that movie, then delete the file on your DVD Builder menu and replace it with the movie you just made. If it won't make that into an .iso file, put it on a new menu and try to output the new one.

I have a dock that I set my video camera in. I then connect a firewire cord to my computer. The computer recognizes the video camera and asks me what I would like to do with it. I choose the capture with Roxio option. After that, a window comes up that asks if I would like to capture the whole tape or do a manual capture. I choose the whole tape capture. Once the capture is finished, I open up the edit portion of Roxio which believe is called the storyboard. From there, I drag the new capture to an open box, click the button that allows me to start/end and end a scene. Once the new scene is done, I select done and move on to continue that prcess until I am finished with that days worth of video. I save the production as the date that it was and open a new production, following the same process I jsut described. Once I am done with a months worth, I go to the DVD builder portion of Roxio and create a new DVD. I add new titles, change the thumbnail pictures, add transistions between scenes, and selct burn. Once I select burn, I uncheck the burn to disc box, check the burn to iso box, and select burn. That is where the error message comes up! I hope that helps to determine my problem! Thanks again for all of your help! I can't wiat to get this issue resolved!

So, I burned the iso file and it finished "with errors", but I tried to use the DVD Copier to burn it to disc anyway. When the copy finished, I pressed close, checked to see what was on the disc, and the disc had nothing on it. Was I supposed to do something else after the "copy" was completed?

I have a dock that I set my video camera in. I then connect a firewire cord to my computer. The computer recognizes the video camera and asks me what I would like to do with it. I choose the capture with Roxio option. After that, a window comes up that asks if I would like to capture the whole tape or do a manual capture. I choose the whole tape capture. Once the capture is finished, I open up the edit portion of Roxio which believe is called the storyboard. From there, I drag the new capture to an open box, click the button that allows me to start/end and end a scene. Once the new scene is done, I select done and move on to continue that prcess until I am finished with that days worth of video. I save the production as the date that it was and open a new production, following the same process I jsut described. Once I am done with a months worth, I go to the DVD builder portion of Roxio and create a new DVD. I add new titles, change the thumbnail pictures, add transistions between scenes, and selct burn. Once I select burn, I uncheck the burn to disc box, check the burn to iso box, and select burn. That is where the error message comes up! I hope that helps to determine my problem! Thanks again for all of your help! I can't wiat to get this issue resolved!

How long in time are some of these daily titles that you are trying to burn to your iso file?

So, I burned the iso file and it finished "with errors", but I tried to use the DVD Copier to burn it to disc anyway. When the copy finished, I pressed close, checked to see what was on the disc, and the disc had nothing on it. Was I supposed to do something else after the "copy" was completed?

Whatever file you tried to burn is unfortunately, corrupt.

Maybe we are looking in the wrong direction with this???

What does the "DVD Disc Project Size" indicate? (bottom of the Builder interface)

If it isn't showing a Red bar I would suspect that the error message is referring to the temp directory where the project is built.

Does 187.49 MB sound right? I went to system information and looked at the actual physical memory available. If it doesn't sound like I went to the right place... can you let me know where I should look to find that out? Thanks so much!

Guest mlpasley
Does 187.49 MB sound right? I went to system information and looked at the actual physical memory available. If it doesn't sound like I went to the right place... can you let me know where I should look to find that out? Thanks so much!

In Windows XP, go to Start\ My Computer. Right click on your hard drive and choose "properties". You'll see a blue square with Used Space and a pink square with Free space. What are those numbers?

The box that pops up says "Warning, the project is estimated to be too large for your media type. It is reccommended that you reduce the audio/video quality project settings or remove titles from project. Do you want to continue with the burn?".

I was also mistaken about the size of the file. One the advanced setting portion of the "burn" box, it said the original file size was 8MB. Once I reduced quality and removed titles I got it as love as 4 MB., but I am sure that I have burned files of at least 4MB before.

What do you think?

I tried what you said in your last reply and apparently it is not in the format that enables me to do the... tools/options/file control suggestion that you had. Once I went to tools on the DVD builder page, there was not an option for "options".

Somethings wrong, that is not even the size of a good (single) image file. The avatars (images underneath the posters name is 99 KB).

Just in case it helps... the size of the file I am trying to burn as an iso is 142 KB. Thanks!

The box that pops up says "Warning, the project is estimated to be too large for your media type. It is reccommended that you reduce the audio/video quality project settings or remove titles from project. Do you want to continue with the burn?".

I was also mistaken about the size of the file. One the advanced setting portion of the "burn" box, it said the original file size was 8MB. Once I reduced quality and removed titles I got it as love as 4 MB., but I am sure that I have burned files of at least 4MB before.

What do you think?

I tried what you said in your last reply and apparently it is not in the format that enables me to do the... tools/options/file control suggestion that you had. Once I went to tools on the DVD builder page, there was not an option for "options".

I don't know why we did not say this before, but list your computers specs. Do you have a DVD burner? List the brand and model of that, with your computer specs.

System:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Verrsion 2002 Service Pack 2

Averatec 1000 Series

Intel ® Pentium ® M

Processor 1.10 GHz

593 MHz, 504 MB of RAM

Used Space: 39.3 GB

Fredd Space: 32.3 GB

DrivesL 1C2SN080A TMRO4 - )

QSI CDRW/DVD UBW - 241

External Drive: Plextor PX - 716 UF DVD ROM/RW

RW DVD + RDL

CD Rewriting Ultra Speed

If you need more info than that, just let me know where to find it! Thanks!

Archived