Audio Cd With Data Hangs While Closing Disk

Chris Nicola

Question

I have tried several times to burn an audio CD with an added data file and the project always hangs at 95% while closing and after 10 minutes I have cancelled the project with control/Alt/Delete. I tried using Creator Classic and also the sound editor but always get the same result.

I have successfully produced an image file of the project but when I try and burn a disk form the image the same error occurs.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Chris

4 answers to this question

Thanks for your help Jim.

The project completed successfully with a CD RW and one song track and one picture in a folder. I erased it and repeated the experiment with longer file names and it also completed successfully. I erased it and I did another experiment and burned my entire previously failed project to the same CD RW and it completed successfully. I can't understand why it doesn't work with a single use CD? I have done a lot of data burning with the same batch and never had problems with them before.

I recently upgraded to SP3 and the Roxio updater kept on launching so I did a clean reinstall of Roxio EMC 10 which seemed to solve that problem. I was wondering if SP3 had some issue with Roxio EMC 10 or an issue with the CD/DVD writer firmware that caused the failed projects with single use CD's. I lost 4 like that so I doubt if its bad media. I am also using 2 fairly new CD/DVD RW and the problem occurrs with either of them. I also tried to make a data CD at the time and that failed too, it just stopped writing in the middle of the track and kept on spinning and froze the computer. Control Alt Delete did not work so I had to use a forced restart.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Chris

XP SP3??? No one has mentioned anything and it has been out for some time.

I am lost at this point… You say it worked on an RW then say that it did not!

If it is working with RW's it is possible your CD-R discs are failing. I have not seen that happen with CD's but have had stacks of DVD's fail while just sitting around…

I appreciate your input Jim.

Yes the project failed with 4 CD-R then on your advice I tested it with a CD-RW and it works fine. As you say it could be a media incompatibility issue with the particular recorder for CD-R. As it happens I tested the CD-R on another computer and the same project works fine there with these CD-R. I don't know if SP3 or the recorder firmware has anything to do with it.

Thanks Again

Kind Regards

Chrs

Jim wrote:

I am lost at this point… You say it worked on an RW then say that it did not!

If it is working with RW's it is possible your CD-R discs are failing. I have not seen that happen with CD's but have had stacks of DVD's fail while just sitting around…