Sign in to follow this  
swtnsj

Unable to Download Updates

Question

I tried to download a update for Roxio Easy DVD Copy about 20mb but was unsuccessful. It keeps sending me back to the update page after I click to download. I have disabled my pop up blocker, firewall and disabled my internet security as another member suggested but I still cannot download the update. . Any suggestions.

2 answers to this question

I tried to download a update for Roxio Easy DVD Copy about 20mb but was unsuccessful. It keeps sending me back to the update page after I click to download. I have disabled my pop up blocker, firewall and disabled my internet security as another member suggested but I still cannot download the update. . Any suggestions.

Here's the list I have -

Temporaily turn off pop-up blockers (it is a pop-up), advertising filters (it has the word "promotion" in it), firewalls (including the Microsoft one, if you have it and it has been activated by a Microsoft update without your knowledge or consent). If that doesn't work, temporarily turn off the Virus-scanner. If that doesn't work, some people have been successful by trying a different browser, such as Firefox or Opera. Both can be downloaded free; Firefox is around 4.5MB, and Opera is a little over 3MB. (Digital Guru d_deweywright reports that when using Opera, it is necessary to enable the Referrer Logging, and actually restart the browser.)

Lynn

Per a Roxio Tech some time ago, it was suggested to go to START--RUN--enter MSCONFIG and change the selection of "Normal Startup" to SELECTIVE STARTUP and then remove all of the checkmarks. Reboot and then go back and try the Roxio update again. After you have sucessfully done that, be sure and go back and reset the msconfig screen back to normal startup and reboot again.

Hope that helps

Frank....