• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

.dat File Isn't Converted By Toast10

Noppawit

Question

I tried to convert a video files from VCD, which .DAT is its extension. And it doesn't work.

I've got "Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error

Result Code = -208 " as an error message.

What should I do for solving this?

I'm using Leopard - QuickTime 7.6, and this problem didn't occur while I used Toast 9.

Thank you

3 answers to this question

I'm sorry, I didn't give enough information about this problem.

I have a .DAT file, which is from VCD. I want to convert this file to iPhone by using Toast Titanium 10.

After that, it shows me an error immediately like I mentioned-"Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error

Result Code = -208 ".

After that, I tried to make a DVD video or any kinds of video with .DAT files. It also shows the same error-"Couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS Error Result Code = -208 ".

However, my Toast works with all of another file extension.

The problem above I hadn't met this error when I used Toast 9.

Thank you again.

So you're saying you don't have the VCD? In order to use the DAT file it needs to be converted to mpeg which Toast does the way I described from a VCD or a mounted VCD disc image. As you've seen, you can't use a DAT file dragged into Toast.

Insert your VCD and choose Disc Info from the Recorder menu. In the window that appears there will be a button for extracting the MPEG video file from the VCD. You can then use that extracted MPEG file in Toast.

Archived