klint

Roxio Creator 10.2 De Re-installation

Question

I have just purchased a new Dell PC and it came with Roxio Creator DE 10.2. I think this is a cut-down OEM version that Roxio makes available to Dell customers.

Now the problem is that I want to re-format my C: drive so that I can put my own licensed copy of Windows Vista Ultimate on it and get rid of all the unwanted stuff that Dell puts on the PC. I would like to keep Roxio Creator DE, but Dell doesn't seem to supply it on a CD. Does this site have a download for this version of the software? I have already taken a copy of my registration key, so that I can re-register it on the freshly-formatted drive. I just need to find the software somewhere.

Thanks for any replies.

5 answers to this question

Sorry Klint,

There's no Dell version available for download on the Sonic/Roxio sites. Dell has ordered the software and specified what they want in it , and Roxio has sold it to Dell. You will need to get it from Dell if you can.

you can usually explore the original install OEM os disk and manually install it.

Not always - sometimes they're compressed and part of the overall install and can't be added separately

I have just purchased a new Dell PC and it came with Roxio Creator DE 10.2. I think this is a cut-down OEM version that Roxio makes available to Dell customers.

Now the problem is that I want to re-format my C: drive so that I can put my own licensed copy of Windows Vista Ultimate on it and get rid of all the unwanted stuff that Dell puts on the PC. I would like to keep Roxio Creator DE, but Dell doesn't seem to supply it on a CD. Does this site have a download for this version of the software? I have already taken a copy of my registration key, so that I can re-register it on the freshly-formatted drive. I just need to find the software somewhere.

Thanks for any replies.

You can definitely got to Dell's website and have your computer scanned for programs that were factory installed and re download from their website to a max of 3 times ( I ahve done this twice now) but I still have problems when it comes to burning in Roxio, mine freezes when I tyr to burn an .avi file and Roxio said to try and burn smaller files...I laughed at that reply. Hope this helps.

Edited by kwizzo

To re-install any Dell OEM software, you can log into the Dell Downloads Centre at: http://smartsource.dell.com/ - it will automatically move you to http://smartsource.dell.com/web/welcome.aspx currently.

I say 'currently' because for the life of your PC, these companies may most likely change the URLs as their web presence improves. Even in two years, I'm always seeing some new URL for a Dell section.

Use your Username and Password, same as for your Dell account and there you will find all the software which came with your original system.

Currently, Dell restricts you to 3 maximum downloads so make sure you burn the installation files to a CD or back them up elsewhere on an external drive or as you prefer.

You can only access this section with INTERNET EXPLORER so make sure you use that browser otherwise you'll have to start all over again.

It will allow you to install the software directly from this folder and you can tick off multiple software to initiate the download. It will also create a folder on your system called 'My Dell Downloads'.

Also, if you tick multiple software, that won't work across multiple pages so go page by page if your list is long.

post-129885-0-24598600-1460663951_thumb.jpg

post-129885-0-44510400-1460663962_thumb.jpg

post-129885-0-47855500-1460664119_thumb.jpg

You just resurrected a 7 year old, dead thread Why? The original poster is certainly not interested anymore since he never even responded 7 years ago.