• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

80045218 ERROR WHILE PROCESSING

k52346@aol.com

Question

Anyone have any suggestions? I got this error message when I burned to an iso file. The encoding said 100% complete but I got this error message. When I try to open the iso file it says it is a corrupt file.

A tech told me to update PX engine

http://patches.sonic.com/PX/pxengine1_08_34a.exe

Put in name and email and use download code 44188

I downloaded it but it never asked for name, email etc.... it just downloaded. The tech also said to update firmware of my dvd burner.

Ever since I did this I'm getting errors I never had before. The only problem I was having was my menu was not burning on my projects. Now I cannot burn at all.

Also getting application error:

videowave8.exe application error

instruction at "0x008fc966" referenced memory at "0x1227fd90" the memory could not read.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THESE ERRORS OR HOW TO GET THOSE DOWNLOADS UNINSTALLED???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 answers to this question

Anyone have any suggestions? I got this error message when I burned to an iso file. The encoding said 100% complete but I got this error message. When I try to open the iso file it says it is a corrupt file.

A tech told me to update PX engine

http://patches.sonic.com/PX/pxengine1_08_34a.exe

Put in name and email and use download code 44188

I downloaded it but it never asked for name, email etc.... it just downloaded. The tech also said to update firmware of my dvd burner.

Ever since I did this I'm getting errors I never had before. The only problem I was having was my menu was not burning on my projects. Now I cannot burn at all.

Also getting application error:

videowave8.exe application error

instruction at "0x008fc966" referenced memory at "0x1227fd90" the memory could not read.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THESE ERRORS OR HOW TO GET THOSE DOWNLOADS UNINSTALLED???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you actually install the pxengine or just download it? Did you download and install the proper firmware update for you burner? It sounds like your firmware did not take hold, like it was the wrong firmware.

What burner do you have? You may be able to re-install the right firmware over the wrong one but that is unlikely. Check for sales on burners.

You must follow the instructions exactly when you install firmware if you don't you can make a small door stop. For instance, here are the instructions for a Sony burner or here for a Plextor (Read the small print) I would think that these instructions hold for most burners - especially the remove any packet writing programs such as Drag to disc.

How do I uninstall the wrong firmware?

What burner do you have? You may be able to re-install the right firmware over the wrong one but that is unlikely. Check for sales on burners.

You must follow the instructions exactly when you install firmware if you don't you can make a small door stop. For instance, here are the instructions for a Sony burner or here for a Plextor (Read the small print) I would think that these instructions hold for most burners - especially the remove any packet writing programs such as Drag to disc.

I believe it is a hp740 lightscribe

I believe it is a hp740 lightscribe

Go to Device Manager and find out from there. Or, open Creator Classic, click on Tools, then click on Disc and Device Utility. You will see the burners that you have and the firware version that you have for that burner.

Archived