• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

An error has occured!

elquetzal

Question

Since downloading Popcorn 2 I have attempted to compress and burn three dvds ripped on the latest version of MTR using "full disc extraction". Having selected the VIDEO_TS file and settings, as soon as I click on "record disc" I get a message saying "An error has occured". I can not proceed.

When I then try Popcorn 1 my copy is made with no problems.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

I don't know. I haven't encountered anything like this. My first thought is to delete Popcorn 2 and its plist file (from your User Library Preferences folder) and reinstall. Does the same error happen when you choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu instead of clicking "record disc"?

I don't know. I haven't encountered anything like this. My first thought is to delete Popcorn 2 and its plist file (from your User Library Preferences folder) and reinstall. Does the same error happen when you choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu instead of clicking "record disc"?

Thank you for your reply. If I Save as Disc Imge it is fine!

I selected "Main" for video and "All" for audio before clicking "Record Disc"

Thank you for your reply. If I Save as Disc Imge it is fine!

I selected "Main" for video and "All" for audio before clicking "Record Disc"

This indicates that the error relates to Popcorn's communication with the DVD drive. When you click the burn button Popcorn checks to see if the drive has a blank disc inserted. So can you burn the saved disc image using the Image File setting in Popcorn 2?

This indicates that the error relates to Popcorn's communication with the DVD drive. When you click the burn button Popcorn checks to see if the drive has a blank disc inserted. So can you burn the saved disc image using the Image File setting in Popcorn 2?

Any suggestions on the solution please!

Any suggestions on the solution please!

I just don't understand how it can work with Popcorn 1 but not 2. That's why I suggested to reinstall including trashing the plist file. I prefer creating disc image files before burning anyway, so you could create the image file with Popcorn 2 and burn that to DVD with Popcorn 1.

The other tips are to make sure the firmware is up-to-date on the DVD drive. You might also test by either having a DVD in the drive at the time you click the record button or not having a DVD in the drive at that time.

Yet another experiment would be to create a new User account on the Mac and install Popcorn 2 in that User's applications folder. See if it works with a different User account.

Archived