Reducing Video Quality for burning AVI files

Hi, I just bought Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. I am trying to burn AVI files but my files are too long. Does anyone know how to change video quality. I was using myDVD from Sonic and with that program you can change the quality to LONG PLAY so that AVI movies will fit on one DVD disk. But unfortunately with that program, you never know if it will burn properly and most the time I have to burn the same movie a few times, resulting in my wasting a lot of CDs. I hope someone can tell me how to reduce video quality using Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. Thanks for your help. :)

Hi, I just bought Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. I am trying to burn AVI files but my files are too long. Does anyone know how to change video quality. I was using myDVD from Sonic and with that program you can change the quality to LONG PLAY so that AVI movies will fit on one DVD disk. But unfortunately with that program, you never know if it will burn properly and most the time I have to burn the same movie a few times, resulting in my wasting a lot of CDs. I hope someone can tell me how to reduce video quality using Easy CD & DVD Creator 6. Thanks for your help. :)

For a DVD with V6 it is 2 choices, Low Compression or High Compression.

60 minutes at Low Compression, Est Project Size 3.385gb

95 minutes at High Compression, Est Project Size 3.354gb

Of course quality will suffer when using HC…

V7 has a neat workaround using Disc Copier and V8 offers the greatest flexibility.

On the other hand, EMC 7, 7.5, and 8 require a minimum of WinXP SP1 or Win2000 SP4 - the Operating System wasn't mentioned.

In any event, I'd suggest buying RW media, whichever is appropriate (CD or DVD dash or DVD plus), and experimenting with that until you get it right, and then burning the "real" disc.

Lynn

Archived