• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn speed

Recently, on my win XP machine, roxio 5 refused to burn at the 24x speed it used to do just fine, and gave me a choice of 4x or 8x. after reading some posts here, it seems like CDC 5 under XP i problematic. SO i got CDC v6, figuring that would change everything. but no, i can only burn at 4x or 8x. Is this an issue with v6 as well or what? Any advice appreciated. oh, and i tried different discs, from good, like memorex and tdk, to generic stuff.

Recently, on my win XP machine, roxio 5 refused to burn at the 24x speed it used to do just fine, and gave me a choice of 4x or 8x. after reading some posts here, it seems like CDC 5 under XP i problematic. SO i got CDC v6, figuring that would change everything. but no, i can only burn at 4x or 8x. Is this an issue with v6 as well or what? Any advice appreciated. oh, and i tried different discs, from good, like memorex and tdk, to generic stuff.

The burn speed is a combination of the software, the burner, and the media.

If using different media makes no difference, I'd suggest your burner may be getting ready for its trip to that great Recycling Bin in the sky.

Before getting a new burner, you might try a lens cleaner. The lens the laser shines thru is facing up, and tends to accumulate dust and grime over time, which makes it harder for the laser to get thru. A lens cleaner is fairly inexpensive (except at Radio Shack), and may save you the cost of a new burner.

Lynn

Archived